Marches & Protests

PHOTOS: Why They Marched, In Their Own Words

new-diptych_custom-1b18d32ac7334f5fb775160eeff0268711ec4ae1-s1300-c85.jpg

main_900.jpg

A young woman hurls stones during clashes with Israeli troops at a protest where Palestinians demand the right to return to their homeland, at the Israel-Gaza border, east of Gaza City, on April 13, 2018.

main_900.jpg

Mazen Al-Najar, a Palestinian boy, covers his face with a bottle with cotton and coal to protect himself from inhaling tear gas fired by Israeli troops during a protest at the Israel-Gaza border in the southern Gaza Strip on April 6, 2018.

main_900.jpg

A protester is about to throw a Molotov cocktail at riot forces as clashes erupt on April 10, 2018, during a police operation to raze the decade-old camp known as ZAD (Zone a Defendre, or "zone to defend") at Notre-Dame-des-Landes, near the western city of Nantes, France. The operation plans to evict the last of the protesters who had refused to leave despite the government agreeing to ditch a proposed airport. In January, the government jettisoned plans for an airport that had divided the local community for nearly half a century, and told the protesters to clear off the farmland by spring. But some of the motley group of eco-warriors, anti-capitalists and farmers who had turned the 4,000 acre site into a Utopian experiment in autonomous living had demanded the right to stay put.

main_900.jpg

French gendarmes charge ZAD activists to clear the area of environmental protesters occupying the site of what had been a proposed new airport in Notre-dame-des-Landes on April 9, 2018.

main_900.jpg

A protester holds a French gendarme's baton and shield during the evacuation operation in the zone ZAD at Notre-Dame-des-Landes, near Nantes, France, on April 11, 2018.

---- Taken from Photos of the Week: Walls, Whales, the Pope With a Llama ----

I think it is funny that Donald Trump is supposed to come here for a working visit in July on Friday the 13th.:devil::p

I will be there protesting in a pink outfit, I saw today that the protesters are going to be wearing pink.:D

Reactions: MadamSarcastra