Need help choosing a blender

ccw

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
Hi

I've gone through a couple of blenders and now looking for a more powerful one to cope with making flour from beans as well as grinding nuts etc.. Been managing with my Nutribullet (basic model) for most things but that's also getting on a bit. It's north worth me shelling out for a Vitamix or similar as I'm getting on a bit (!). So looking to spend around £200-£300... or thereabouts. I've looked at various models online but would love to hear from anyone who makes their own flour (to make Burmese tofu as well as various bean flours to make wraps etc).

Thank you :)

don't have any personal experience on this, so take this advice with a grain of salt. but have you considered getting a dedicated grinder for the flour making and hanging on to the nutribullet for everything else and eventually replacing it with another basic blender down the line. Some of the dedicated flour grinders are not very expensive. And the expensive ones are really good.

don't have any personal experience on this, so take this advice with a grain of salt. but have you considered getting a dedicated grinder for the flour making and hanging on to the nutribullet for everything else and eventually replacing it with another basic blender down the line. Some of the dedicated flour grinders are not very expensive. And the expensive ones are really good.
Hi Lou - thank you for your suggestion :) I do have a dedicated flour grinder (manual - Victorio) and it's really good however it's quite slow and because I have elbow problems it doesn't work for me. I have quite a bit of kitchen kit and so just trying to use what I have and avoid buying yet more! But I'd love to get a reliable workhorse just for beans etc.

If you arlread have a kitchen aid mixer - they make an attachment.

Its pretty expensive but the WonderMill has a lot of good reviews

If you arlread have a kitchen aid mixer - they make an attachment.

Its pretty expensive but the WonderMill has a lot of good reviews
Thank you :)