OMG - Cheese sauce from potatoes and carrots!

Warm. Not sure I would like it cold.

I tried it and it actually tastes pretty close to real cheese sauce. I made cheese fries with it. :lick: There's enough left over to make baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese sauce tomorrow.

Almost healthy cheese sauce. :broccoli:

Vegan Nacho “Cheese”
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread.... I've got a pound of baby carrots & no idea what to do with 'em. LOL

They're really not my favorite of vegetables... I wanted to cook something, but nothing sweet & I don't wanna make soup.

Now, cheese sauce?? Hell yeah!! :up:

I don't have any raw potatoes, but I found my remaining Kroger diced potatoes in the freezer... those should work.... I hope. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread.... I've got a pound of baby carrots & no idea what to do with 'em. LOL

They're really not my favorite of vegetables... I wanted to cook something, but nothing sweet & I don't wanna make soup.

Now, cheese sauce?? Hell yeah!! :up:

I don't have any raw potatoes, but I found my remaining Kroger diced potatoes in the freezer... those should work.... I hope. :rolleyes:
Oh, I can't wait for your review!
To me that recipes just clickbait- some one says "best vegan chese sauce ever.." and it links to a vegetable sauce. I love carrots, I love potatoes, I also loved cheese and this is so not chese, it's like the opposite of cheese. Not bad sauce...wish it had a more appropriate name, like 'healthy vegetable sauce"
I have made nooch sauces with a cauliflower base- those were more like chese

I now have a craving for steamed carrots

Oh, I can't wait for your review!
To me that recipes just clickbait- some one says "best vegan chese sauce ever.." and it links to a vegetable sauce. I love carrots, I love potatoes, I also loved cheese and this is so not chese, it's like the opposite of cheese. Not bad sauce...wish it had a more appropriate name, like 'healthy vegetable sauce"
I have made nooch sauces with a cauliflower base- those were more like chese

I now have a craving for steamed carrots
Yeah, I started out making cashew cheese sauce... my latest go-to is roasted cauliflower cheese sauce.... I'm gonna do some improvising here, though, 'cuz I also acquired lots of peeled garlic, a couple onions, & a couple red bell peppers... plus, I'd like to use up whatever soy milk is left after I make more ranch.

I've found vegan cheese sauce/queso recipes that use that stuff, but they also call for cashews.... I'm just trying to find a happy medium. LOL

I think I'll roast some garlic & boil the other stuff. I might just take care of that stuff tonight & blend the actual sauce tomorrow.

I’m going to have to try this again. I was unimpressed when I made it.

I looked at the recipe again, and at least this one adds some oil. Still needs something else, like more lemon and garlic. Tapioca starch would give it better texture. I'm thinking of doing some pasta with sauce and spinach so maybe will try this.

Reactions: KLS52