Announcement Opt-in forums

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The Lounge is now an opt-in forum. To access the forum and its sub-forums, please go to your preferences and select the option. The same is true for the Marketplace, and probably other forums in the future.

Note that unfortunately it takes up to 1 hour for the change to take effect. (I think it happens at 20 past the hour - sorry, I can't change that.)

Reactions: silva and Val
I have lounge and marketplace selected but I'm not seeing them.
Don't they have their own categories in the Forum? Not seeing them there either.
What's the thought behind this?

Interesting. Logged in I can't see either Lounge or Marketplace (even though they are listed in the opt-in preferences). Logged out however, I can see both.

Was that intended, or :
Wars5.png

Hehe.

Also, post counts have disappeared, logged in or out.

Same as Nekodaiden. I can log out and see the lounge and marketplace, but not when logged in.
I can't even see a way to change preferences. Lounge and marketplace are listed, but I can't remove them 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: FlandersOD
I did it...it says it takes an hour...we shall see...

I have them as options under preferences, but there is nothing that says "opt in." Am I missing something?

I checked and I was already opted in, for some reason.

Same. I can go to marketplace now, but not coffee- I need coffee!
Yeah, they were both there in preferences
LOL, me, too. I can't see either one. I just selected and then hit save, so maybe that will work.

I have lounge and marketplace selected but I'm not seeing them.
Don't they have their own categories in the Forum? Not seeing them there either.
What's the thought behind this?
What I meant to say was, it takes up to an hour after you "opt in" before you can access the forum(s) you opted for.

The thought is that some members don't care for all the off-topic/chit-chat stuff, so this way they don't have to see that when they click "What's new" or similar menu buttons.

You haven't selected either of the forums AFAICT. Just saying! You need to hit "Save" afterwards, maybe that's the problem (very oldschool, I know ....)?
Oh thanks for letting me know. I might not have saved it. I will go back and check!

LOL, me, too. I can't see either one. I just selected and then hit save, so maybe that will work.
This is what it looked like from my phone. I had to put the cursor in the box as if I was going to type in it then the two options appeared.
I hit save this time so hopefully it should work.
826AB00C-D8A3-42EE-B87E-5EEB6F9F916E.png

Reactions: PTree15
On my laptop it wasn't at all obvious why indicated selected. Both lounge and marketplace were in the preferences box, no checkbox, no highlight, I must have accidentaly selected and saved marketplace, I didn't see the 'save' box at the bottom of page until now

Reactions: KLS52
On my laptop it wasn't at all obvious why indicated selected. Both lounge and marketplace were in the preferences box, no checkbox, no highlight, I must have accidentaly selected and saved marketplace, I didn't see the 'save' box at the bottom of page until now
Yep, that's how it was on my laptop. I just highlighted each one and then hit the save button. It seemed to work as I can now see both.