Peta Kills Animals?

I doubt you're going to get 3 times the information when so many of the same posters visit the same sites. I suppose I could simply copy and paste my responses as you have copied and pasted yours; I find it especially interesting that this is the subject you choose to bring up on numerous sites. :rolleyes:

What is your opinion of "Cowspiracy", Peta, animal rights and environmental degradation and health relative to different diets and various forms of agribusiness?

I doubt you're going to get 3 times the information when so many of the same posters visit the same sites. I suppose I could simply copy and paste my responses as you have copied and pasted yours; I find it especially interesting that this is the subject you choose to bring up on numerous sites. :rolleyes:

What is your opinion of the documentary, "Cowspiricy", Peta, animal rights and environmental damage as a result of the non-vegan agricultural industry?

Wedigfood, I understand that you post an article on multiple forums (which ones?), but please don't post it more than once on this one thread (OK, I know, it was most likely a technical issue, but I couldn't resist :) )

I go with Gary Francione on this point here.

While it is certainly a good thing if many people kill less animals, that does not seem a valid reason to me to compromise on my beliefs. The two are not related.

By eating a non-vegan birthday cake (an example for an "exception" often cited), I do not further veganism by giving people the impression that vegans are cool and flexible and "care about the right thing", I just show them that my so-called commitment to not consuming animal products is only skin deep. I am not happy if someone who has presumably witnessed such behaviour then points out to me "Yes, but so-and-so is also vegan and HE had no problem with making some exceptions. Why do YOU have to be such a pompous ***?"

It was an odd technical issue, I contacted "veggie views" and they are trying to figure it out.

Aside from here, veggieboards and thesaucyvegan.

I also agree with Gary Francione.

When it comes to criticism, I just see it as anger from someone who is actually angry at themselves. I am much more interested in communicating on a compassionate level using facts and reason to present my point of view than arguing.

Hi, From my experience I've had issues with my friends/family thinking that all vegans/vegetarians are part of PETA. When that article came out about PETA killing animals my Facebook was flooded with tags/posts from friends basically saying "see! see! look what you've been supporting!", regardless of the reality that I have never once posted about or taken part in anything regarding PETA. Furthermore, I've had friends try to make me defend PETA for things that I would never support or that I didn't even know about.

I'm new btw so please let me know if this isn't the right spot :)

PETA is not a typical shelter. They provide free euthanasia services, which is why their kill numbers are so extrordinary. They do a huge service for people who would otherwise take sick and terminal pets to municipal pounds where they could be gassed. Peta works with shelters in the Norfolk area to rehome adoptable animals . I, personally, think it's a humane service, and very much needed.

yes, animal populations grow exponentially. Apart from the spaying and neutering, there will still be animals breeding, and populations of animals continuing to grow. America would be overrun by unwanted animals, if a lot of them weren't put down....it's pretty simple to understand.

PETA is not a typical shelter. They provide free euthanasia services, which is why their kill numbers are so extrordinary. They do a huge service for people who would otherwise take sick and terminal pets to municipal pounds where they could be gassed. Peta works with shelters in the Norfolk area to rehome adoptable animals . I, personally, think it's a humane service, and very much needed.
That explains a lot, and why that shelter is used to show they have a high kill rate.

That's good to know.

They're still sexist and all that, however.

Reactions: kibbleforlola

Ermmm ... No, this does not explain to me why they destroy 97 % of the animals in their shelters.

Eight Animals - Animal Rights: The Abolitionist Approach

But that's the beauty of having a discussion, everybody is entitled to his/her own viewpoint and conclusions.

Best regards,
Andy

The first rule of Veggie Views is that we don't talk about the "other board"....;)
we are the Borg.:cthulhu: <-- okay that's not a Borg at all. and i'm just joking.

on the topic, though, i'm a bit late, but yes the PETA killing animals is true. sadly so.