Pram?

Lucga

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi all,

So i'm due to have my first baby in a couple of months, and as a vegan of 4 years, i'm hoping to incorporate this into the baby products I buy... I don't want to unknowingly put money towards a company that isn't animal and environment aware. But I'm a little clueless when it comes to prams. My husband likes the look of this one: http://www.prams.net/bumbleride-indie-buggy-3-wheels-all-terrain-dawn-grey-d ...and although I like the fact that it's made from bamboo, it doesn't actually say anything else about the materials it uses. HELP! Is this the kind of thing I should be looking for, or am I looking in completely the wrong place? Do any of you have any recommendations?! Thanks in advance all!

Hello!

I doubt that the pram has fabric that contains an animal, the glue may however. But, as I've come to understand it's near impossible to be 100% vegan. For example my car while it doesn't have leather seats the gear gator is made from leather, probably other parts too. I could be wrong but I'm sure there are no 100% vegan cars out there.

From what I can tell from the page you've pasted, it's your best bet for a vegan or near vegan pram, I can't say I know of anywhere that sells 100% vegan prams though. If I were looking for a pram, I would choose it.

I don't want to unknowingly put money towards a company that isn't animal and environment aware.

Completely understand this. Supermarkets stock meats/dairy, I still buy from them but I'd like to think that they'll see a growth in nondairy/meat products which strengthens companies manufacturing those products.

Oh also, there's a thread you may be able to help with here. If you have spare time, could you take a look? :)