Random questions to get to know you

1. Have you ever been to a Disney park and did you enjoy yourself?
I first visited Disneyland in 1971, and had a blast. I've re-visited several times over the years, but each time I've been, it's been less fun than the time before. I last went in 2001, but didn't have much fun at all. In Sept., 1971, I started working at Disney World in Florida on The Jungle Cruise. I felt like I was in the Army. It was very regimented and strict. The guy who supervised the ride was actually an ex-Army officer, and ran the attraction like a platoon. After 4-months, I quit.

2. If a local shop carried beer-flavored toothpaste, would you buy it?
No, I don't like beer.

3. Have you ever been so disgusted by a movie that you walked out before it ended and demanded your money back?
No, but I wish I had, when I saw The Exorcist.

4. If you could have a pet dragon, would you?
No, I don't relate well to reptiles.

5. Can you change a flat tire on a car all by yourself?
Yes.

6. Do you know anyone who has insisted on observing a New Year's Day "First Foot" tradition?
I don't even know what that is.

7. Do you ever eat pineapple with salt sprinkled on it?
Yes, on pizza.

8. If your neighbor started a new church that requires its members to do kinky things with chocolate, would you join?
Only if they made me High Priest, with a 6-figure salary.

9. Did you ever strike up a conversation with a stranger on the bus or train and discover that you both know the same person?
No.

10. If a local shop carried beer-flavored ice cream and it was vegan, would you buy it?
No. See #2 above.

Ditto for me. I used to live up North, and had to change the two rear tires from regular to snow tires every winter, then back to regular tires in the spring. But, like Tom, I probably have not done this in 30 years or more. The last time I needed it done, I just called AAA.

Same here - starting about fifth grade, my father had me do the snow tires/regular tires routine every fall and spring. As result, I was the only one in my circle of friends at college who could change flat.

My father wouldn't let me get my driver's license until I changed the tire twice in the driveway. He had a star type wrench and the lugs were not tightened by machine back then. A few years later in college, three friends and I got a flat at 3 AM on a back road. The boys were impressed at my skillz. That's (so far lol) the only time I needed to.

1. Yes both Disneyland (once) and Disneyworld a bunch, since we're an hour or so away. I am not a fan. Everything is fake and never changes. Plus the environmental issue of building the Florida park in the first place.

2.No beer toothpaste for me
3. I left Quest for Fire years ago because my husband started me laughing at the special effects and I couldn't stop.

No to the rest except #5

Last edited:
I've been to Walt Disney World several times, and I did enjoy it. I was a child for all of those visits, however. I don't know if I would truly enjoy it as an adult.

No. I like beer, but that's gross.

3. Have you ever been so disgusted by a movie that you walked out before it ended and demanded your money back?
No.

No. Unless dragons were definitively domesticated animals instead of wild animals. And it was a rescue dragon.

Luckily, I've never had to do this. I know to do it in theory; my dad made me do it as a teenager in our garage to teach me.

6. Do you know anyone who has insisted on observing a New Year's Day "First Foot" tradition?
I have no idea what this means.

No. But that sounds promising and I might try it.

8. If your neighbor started a new church that requires its members to do kinky things with chocolate, would you join?
No. Amy, are you feeling all right? Religious organizations and arbitrary rules are not really my thing.

9. Did you ever strike up a conversation with a stranger on the bus or train and discover that you both know the same person?
No. I don't talk to people on public transit.

10. If a local shop carried beer-flavored ice cream and it was vegan, would you buy it?
No. I like beer, but these beer-flavored items sound disgusting.

No.

No, not likely.

Walked out, yes, demanded money back, no. Not likely that they would give it back, so why bother?

Likely not, even if it was a vegan dragon.

Yes, in about 5 minutes.

No.

Have had pineapple marinated in salt water, but do not like it much. That is a tactic used much in Asia to keep some fruits fresh, especially guavas (where it fits better) in a hot climate.

No churches for me, no thanks (other than possibly that of the Flying Spaghetti monster, but the meatballs must be vegan)

Yes, likely has happened.

Not really. But I love green tea flavored ice cream, as long as it is vegan.

Okay, so I'm bored, and the following questions popped into my head.

1. Yes. Disneyland, countless times (Grandma's street {Cerritos Ave.} dead-ended at Disneyland Hotel's parking lot).... Disney World once. Anaheim's better. :p Last time (I was 18 or 19), I spent 13 hours there with buddy (roomie-to-be) from #9.... :D
  2. Nope.
  3. Yup.
  4. Hell, yeah! But what kind? Ice? Fire? o_O
  5. Yes. Been a very long time, though... and I hope I didn't just jinx myself.... :confused: LOL
  6. Not a one.
  7. No!
  8. That just sounds messy. :yuck: And I don't "clan".... ;)
  9. Yes indeedy... two strangers visiting from out of town, he & I chatted, he knew my roomie from Cali.... :cool:
  10. Probably not. I don't dig sweets... and I consume more than enough beer as it is. LMAO :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I forgot about this thread, LOL.

When I thought of the questions, I must have been reading on the internet about certain beer-flavored products being introduced. I think they’re gross, too, but I guess I was wondering about the rest of you, because many of you seem to like beer a lot.