Restrictions.

Anyone finding the current Covid lockdown restrictions particularly difficult for one reason or another?
Yes, I don't like being told that I can't leave my house or go to a store, It's like these government people think they own us!

I think I've adapted very well. Practicing being a hermit.
But can't wait till the whole thing is over.
Here in Northern California we have managed to flatten the curve again. and they have started with vaccinations, too.

I think I've adapted very well. Practicing being a hermit.
But can't wait till the whole thing is over.
Here in Northern California we have managed to flatten the curve again. and they have started with vaccinations, too.
In the UK things are very bad, we seem to be getting it worse than anywhere else. I guess you've got our "government" to thank for that.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Lou and KLS52
I'm in the UK and doing OK. I'm somewhat introverted by nature, and usually spend the days working alone on my computer anyway. It's worse for the other two family members who are used to a life with more social interactions, going to activities, shops and so on.

we are now also in emergency lockdown and, like @Indian Summer, we tend to be hermit-like and so it isn't too bad for us - my honey feels it a bit more as he liked being with others when he was contracting on site but it really isn't too much different from our life before covid as we tend to keep to ourselves much of the time and also live on our computers

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I’m somewhere in the middle. I do crave the human contact of family and close friends. Having recently moved I have zero friends here. I am feeling the isolation. Son and husband are here with me but it’s not the same as having someone you can really talk to. They are non talkers by nature and when I try to engage they listen but do not really participate in the conversation. So mostly I keep to myself because it’s not fun just being tolerated lol.
I can be ok by myself for the most part. It’s odd because I do believe I am a people person but I’m very particular with who the people are, lol. Even when we reach the point where restrictions are lifted, it’s not in my nature to reach out and try to meet new people. So unless a situation arises where I am introduced to someone where we just click, and they initiate an invitation for the start of a friendship, I shall remain friendless for the remainder of my days. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😁

I'm more than alright, actually. I am by nature a loner, and seriously work best, and enjoy my work, when I don't have to interact. We're now working on individual projects rather than working on the same job together, and I'm quite happy!

I'm in the UK and doing OK. I'm somewhat introverted by nature, and usually spend the days working alone on my computer anyway. It's worse for the other two family members who are used to a life with more social interactions, going to activities, shops and so on.
I'm not an introvert, but I am anti-social. However, having said that, I do miss a certain amount of social interaction. I used to enjoy Facebook until it become a platform for lunatics. Now my life is mainly spent reading, dog walking and watching films, which isn't something one can complain about is it! 🤔
I'm more than alright, actually. I am by nature a loner, and seriously work best, and enjoy my work, when I don't have to interact. We're now working on individual projects rather than working on the same job together, and I'm quite happy!
Maybe most ethical vegans are loners? 🤔

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I'm doing most okey, but I have to say it starts to wear me a bit out sometimes. As most of you know, I have a very small cirkle with people around me, and that really shows now. I'm happy I have penpals and online friends, or else I would have struggled now. I hardly see people at work too. I haven't seen some of my friends since start of December and some in the summer. Even I miss them now.

Of cause it's important, and I still willing to put in my effort to avioid both myself and others be infected. But I really looking forward for everything to be normal. As now, it seems like so far away that this never will end...

And when you see the latest news from the US, it's very obvious people need someone to take the decission for them. It's too many idiots on this planet to let them all just do what they want...

I'm doing most okey, but I have to say it starts to wear me a bit out sometimes. As most of you know, I have a very small cirkle with people around me, and that really shows now. I'm happy I have penpals and online friends, or else I would have struggled now. I hardly see people at work too. I haven't seen some of my friends since start of December and some in the summer. Even I miss them now.

Of cause it's important, and I still willing to put in my effort to avioid both myself and others be infected. But I really looking forward for everything to be normal. As now, it seems like so far away that this never will end...

And when you see the latest news from the US, it's very obvious people need someone to take the decission for them. It's too many idiots on this planet to let them all just do what they want...
Are you living alone Mikkel or do you have a partner? I'm fortunate in that I have a wife and two dogs, living alone under the current circumstances must be difficult for many people. 🤔
I'm used to my partner travelling for business. It's been a difficult adjustment having him home far more than usual.
Lol.

Reactions: KLS52
It's not really funny. It's been hard on my mental health.
In that case you have my apologies, I thought you were joking. May I ask why the situation is hard on your mental health?

A few years ago I was widowed... I lost my Vegan husband to pancreatic cancer-being Vegan is Not a silver bullet...
Prior to and during my marriage I was pretty outgoing, I am a professional gardener... have also worked in retail and the service industry... depression and anxiety have also been part of my life... Lockdown for me has meant that walking alone on the beach or staying in and watching CNN for hours on end is just being responsible...in reality though it is really just a good excuse for isolating...

A few years ago I was widowed... I lost my Vegan husband to pancreatic cancer-being Vegan is Not a silver bullet...
Prior to and during my marriage I was pretty outgoing, I am a professional gardener... have also worked in retail and the service industry... depression and anxiety have also been part of my life... Lockdown for me has meant that walking alone on the beach or staying in and watching CNN for hours on end is just being responsible...in reality though it is really just a good excuse for isolating...
My sympathies, and yes you're right, veganism is no silver bullet. I recently required a triple heart bypass which was quite a surprise after being a seemingly fit vegan for most of my life! 🤔