Restrictions.

Thank god we are not idiots like Kate Mulvey or (Fill in your least favorite ex-vegan)
We would be posting how veganism almost killed us or something.

Thank god we are not idiots like Kate Mulvey or (Fill in your least favorite ex-vegan)

Yeah, I read that and laughed...the funny thing for me though is that I have been deaf in my left ear since I was a small child... Waaay before I went Vegan...ha ha

Oh my God ... I can't hear a word you're saying! 😳

In that case you have my apologies, I thought you were joking. May I ask why the situation is hard on your mental health?
Thank you so much. Well, for the first 3 years of our relationship, I was used to him being away quite a lot for his work. I enjoyed having the alone time, as when he is in town, he also works from his home-office, where we live. So all of a sudden, I went from having quite a bit of free time by myself, to none, as we began to live "in each other's pockets". It's been a bit of a difficult adjustment, being around each other so much more than ever. We have worked through it, and have both found that we have had to make compensations.

Thank you so much. Well, for the first 3 years of our relationship, I was used to him being away quite a lot for his work. I enjoyed having the alone time, as when he is in town, he also works from his home-office, where we live. So all of a sudden, I went from having quite a bit of free time by myself, to none, as we began to live "in each other's pockets". It's been a bit of a difficult adjustment, being around each other so much more than ever. We have worked through it, and have both found that we have had to make compensations.
Yes, I suppose the sudden change in the lifestyle of many couples must require quite a degree of adjustment. I'd never really thought about this aspect of the current restrictions before. Sometimes we find it a bit difficult too, but as you say, compensations have to be made, no choice really is there! 🤔

I remember reading that divorce rates are up. People are getting on each other's nerves.

I feel you. I am used to having a day or two or at least some nights alone. Husband was working at a theme park and I had (ok last year) a Monday through Friday job. Now I work from home and husband does Uber eats and takes his days off on my days off. I love him, but I need alone time when I am not working. I hardly leave the house without him, but he gets his alone time when I get to bed earlier than him every night.
I miss live music. I miss dancing. I miss random parties with friends. I miss having random out of town adventures, visiting cities. I really miss having something to look forward to, just depressed. I was not a very social person, I just miss that option.

I think it can be a legitimate issue with significant others spending too much time together. Relationships fall into a routine and when that routine works, any change can be hard. I don’t think it has to do with the feelings you have for each other unless you are in a relationship that already has problems. I think communication is key. One should be able to discuss with their partner, the need for alone time. A healthy partnership will be able to weather such discussion.

For me, personally, I’ve always done things independently with friends and I was concerned that after I retired, we would get on each other’s nerves. And that is definitely happening. But we also can retreat into our own little sanctuaries so we are not constantly under foot or in each other’s way. We worked out a balance where we do things both together and alone.

I feel you. I am used to having a day or two or at least some nights alone. Husband was working at a theme park and I had (ok last year) a Monday through Friday job. Now I work from home and husband does Uber eats and takes his days off on my days off. I love him, but I need alone time when I am not working. I hardly leave the house without him, but he gets his alone time when I get to bed earlier than him every night.
I miss live music. I miss dancing. I miss random parties with friends. I miss having random out of town adventures, visiting cities. I really miss having something to look forward to, just depressed. I was not a very social person, I just miss that option.
Same. Especially live music and just impromptu get-togethers with family and friends. My family is really close, and we are so missing one another. Last week, I dropped off some Christmas gifts to three nieces for their kids, and they were beyond thrilled just to actually see me in person and chat (outside and socially distanced, of course). I can't even tell you how much those brief visits lifted my mood. It made me pine for much longer visits, though.