Announcement Retiring the arcade

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Unfortunately it seems the arcade is broken as it won't store our scores any more. Also, the project has been abandoned by its developers. So I plan to remove it in the near future. This has the benefit of freeing up space in the menus, so I can install new stuff. (I have big plans!)

Maybe there will be a new arcade or similar at one point, who knows, but this one has reached the end of its lifetime it seems.

Oh, drat. Never took the opportunity to try the arcade. Oh, well. :pout:

Looking forward to seeing those new plans, though. Care to drop a hint or two? Are you soliciting ideas? :D

awww RIP arcade. I never used it, but know some enjoyed it. I guess if it's broken and theres no way of fixing it then deleting it is the best plan

Yeah I noticed it was broken, but since my score was still the highest in tetris I wasn't too upset. :shrug:

Onward and upward!

It's been deleted.

As for the plans, I think it will be several months yet before it's ready to be installed. I've spent all the contributions from you guys + some of of my own.

Meh. I sucked at the arcade, but I'm glad some of us enjoyed it.

I think I got the video-game addiction out of my system by 1990. I had an Atari 800, and not too many games- but I took a long time to get tired of the ones I had: Star Raiders (GREAT 3-D graphics!), PacMan, Space Invaders, Zork 1, Berserk...

I really liked that version of Solitaire, even though it kicked my butt most times.

Is there a donation system here, IS?

I don't remember ever seeing one at all.
Yes, there is, sort of. You can become a Contributing Member for only £5 or $7.70 per year. Use the Account Upgrades option on your account menu - for convenience here is a direct link.

(It seems the account upgrades feature has been broken for a while - just fixed it now.)

So ...

I get my name in environmentaly friendly colouring, a box of virtual donuts, a picture of an immature Iraqi cat trying to knit without needles and something to do with a small bird, that I don't have, on the first page ...

Not bad for a fiver, I guess :)

Reactions: Tom L. and Amy SF