Reviews-Vegan/vegetarian restaurants?

Indeed, Loving Hut normally is a great option wherever it is available.

Also, Subway can serve as a lifesaver when nothing else is available.

I can eat vegan most anywhere, but for restaurants specializing in vegan/vegetarian, my favorites are:

NYC - Blossom, Candle 79
Philly - Blackbird Pizzeria, Blue Sage (out in Warminster)
San Francisco - Millennium, Greens
Portland, OR - Blossoming Lotus
Boulder, CO - Leaf
Paris - Vegan Folies, Gentle Gourmet Cafe
LA - Real Food Daily
Asheville, NC - Laughing Seed, Plant
New Orleans - Carmo, Seed
Richmond, VA - Ipanema

The Happy Cow app is wonderful!

Reactions: Andy_T
I can eat vegan most anywhere, but for restaurants specializing in vegan/vegetarian, my favorites are:

NYC - Blossom, Candle 79
Philly - Blackbird Pizzeria, Blue Sage (out in Warminster)
San Francisco - Millennium, Greens
Portland, OR - Blossoming Lotus
Boulder, CO - Leaf
Paris - Vegan Folies, Gentle Gourmet Cafe
LA - Real Food Daily
Asheville, NC - Laughing Seed, Plant
New Orleans - Carmo, Seed
Richmond, VA - Ipanema

The Happy Cow app is wonderful!

I'm impressed by such a long list. I've only ever been to 4 veg*n restaurants/cafés in my entire life. They were all in the US, UK and Canada.

Last edited:
I make it a point to leave reviews for good restaurants I have encountered on Happycow and Tripadvisor. Granted, I am not always as diligent with that as I should be, but I'm trying...

I'm impressed by such a long list. I've only ever been to 4 veg*n restaurants/cafés in my entire life. They were all in the US, UK and Canada.

My husband travels a lot for business. While some of the visits have been vacations, the rest come about when I tag along on business trips or fly up for the weekend. Fortunately, he loves trying out veg/vegan restaurants nearly as much as I do. :)

My husband travels a lot for business. While some of the visits have been vacations, the rest come about when I tag along on business trips or fly up for the weekend. Fortunately, he loves trying out veg/vegan restaurants nearly as much as I do. :)

You're very lucky.;) I love to travel and also try new veg*n restaurants when I can.

I really like RFD in Pasadena and that is the only one that I have tried in the US.

You're very lucky.;) I love to travel and also try new veg*n restaurants when I can.

I really like RFD in Pasadena and that is the only one that I have tried in the US.

Will you visit Pasadena again? My brother lives there, so we go every year or so. I've been to the RFD there and in Santa Monica (and in LAX!). We went to a lovely little restaurant called True Food in March. It's certainly not a veg*n restaurant, but they had terrific vegan options.

Will you visit Pasadena again? My brother lives there, so we go every year or so. I've been to the RFD there and in Santa Monica (and in LAX!). We went to a lovely little restaurant called True Food in March. It's certainly not a veg*n restaurant, but they had terrific vegan options.

I have no immediate plans to visit CA. However, if I do go there for a holiday sometime during the Summer months, I will go to Pasadena. I absolutely love the town and love to spend a couple of days there.

We don't have those sorts of places here... not in this town, at least. :pout:

However, there is a new place that opened up about 20 minutes from here that I'm hopeful about... Green Gourmet Cafe 需要安全验证

I just wish there were more options in town.... hell, ANY options! :hmm:

I love ION, too. And Shoreline Diner at exit 59...might be Guilford but I'm not sure. They have the most delicious vegan Napoleon. My omni daughter said it's better than any Napoleon she's ever had.
I love the Shoreline Diner! I haven't been there in ages. I think it is Guilford, but I'm not sure, either. :D They have a great vegan reuben.

We don't have those sorts of places here... not in this town, at least. :pout:

However, there is a new place that opened up about 20 minutes from here that I'm hopeful about... Green Gourmet Cafe 需要安全验证

I just wish there were more options in town.... hell, ANY options! :hmm:
What about that Lebanese place you get dolmas, tabbulah and falafel from? o_O
and the vegan pizza? Those pictures always look so good!

I am so sorry I never went to Chryssie Hyndes Vegiterranean restaurant in Akron Oh. I always get lost when I go there- not my favorite city, but dam, right when I decided to go I find out they closed! Such good reviews, and they weren't all health vegan, the specialized in seitan.
Now I go to a great Thai place when I get a Groupon. Omni place, but veg'n catagories on menu and understand
LeBron James is opening a pizza place in Akron with a vegan pizza.
Sure Cleveland has good vegetarian restaurants, but most specialize in raw and are health oriented
We did just get a Moes by me! They've got tofu but I do find them lacking in flavor because so much stuff has cilantro--which I am very sensitive to

I am so sorry I never went to Chryssie Hyndes Vegiterranean restaurant in Akron Oh. I always get lost when I go there- not my favorite city, but dam, right when I decided to go I find out they closed! Such good reviews, and they weren't all health vegan, the specialized in seitan.
Now I go to a great Thai place when I get a Groupon. Omni place, but veg'n catagories on menu and understand
LeBron James is opening a pizza place in Akron with a vegan pizza.
Sure Cleveland has good vegetarian restaurants, but most specialize in raw and are health oriented
We did just get a Moes by me! They've got tofu but I do find them lacking in flavor because so much stuff has cilantro--which I am very sensitive to
I love Moe's. I always get the same thing, though, haha: a burrito bowl with tofu, rice and black beans plus veggies and all. They have decent guacamole, too, though now they charge extra if you add it to a meal. Maybe they did all along, but when I went there a week or so ago, they said the guac was extra. :shrug:

I love Moe's. I always get the same thing, though, haha: a burrito bowl with tofu, rice and black beans plus veggies and all. They have decent guacamole, too, though now they charge extra if you add it to a meal. Maybe they did all along, but when I went there a week or so ago, they said the guac was extra. :shrug:
Their Homewrecker burrito and their Earmuffs bowl include guac. I ask for it on the side for my son. He says it has cilantro, so that's two things I hate!
I used to get the Kaiser salsa, but in the one that just opened I swear it has some cilantro. that was the only salsa that didn't have it! :argh: Believe me, I've tried to like it. Even when someone got me a burrito and forget about the cilantro rice, and they scraped it off but used the same torilla, I hated it. I didn't know that when I said something was bad on it, they confessed that after I gave it away. Soap, harsh harsh laundry powder!:pout:

One thing that bothers me is that when you order a cheese-free pizza they charge you the same price as one with cheese. I think you should get a discount or a free topping as a replacement.

Iydea in Brighton is by far the best Veg*n restaurant that I've been to. Their food is just as good as home cooked.

I liked Iydea too, I've eaten in there a couple of times. Brighton is really great for vegans, I wanted to retire there at one point.

I also ate at Loving Hut, Wai Kika Moo Kau and Bombay Aloo in Brighton.

One thing that bothers me is that when you order a cheese-free pizza they charge you the same price as one with cheese. I think you should get a discount or a free topping as a replacement.

I liked Iydea too, I've eaten in there a couple of times. Brighton is really great for vegans, I wanted to retire there at one point.

I also ate at Loving Hut, Wai Kika Moo Kau and Bombay Aloo in Brighton.

I also want to retire and go and live in Brighton.:p Not only do they have tons of veg*n eateries but many charity shops. The seafront is also very nice and not overcrowded.

I did walk past the LH but didn't see the two other restaurants you mention.

Iydea is really fabulous. Their food tastes amazing.

I also want to retire and go and live in Brighton.:p Not only do they have tons of veg*n eateries but many charity shops. The seafront is also very nice and not overcrowded.

Yes, it's really nice. People joke that Brighton is just London-by-the-sea as so many ex-Londoners have moved there.:D

I was trying to think of where else I ate in Brighton and it was a cafe called Red Veg, they had a branch in Soho in London too, but they both closed down. It was vegan junk food, hot dogs, burgers and fries.

Edinburgh, Scotland:
Henderson's
David Bann
Nova Pizza
The Little Potatoe Shop

I was saying very recently that I have never visited Scotland. It seems so good for veggie places to eat.:)

Yes, it's really nice. People joke that Brighton is just London-by-the-sea as so many ex-Londoners have moved there.:D

I was trying to think of where else I ate in Brighton and it was a cafe called Red Veg, they had a branch in Soho in London too, but they both closed down. It was vegan junk food, hot dogs, burgers and fries.

I was saying very recently that I have never visited Scotland. It seems so good for veggie places to eat.:)

That is also what I heard. Apparently all the homeless flocked over to Brighton when Boris got rid of them.

Is Brighton Really London-On-Sea?

Zitoon Mediterranean Cuisine is in the food court of Midland Mall, about 25 minutes from here (freeway).... my father makes weekly trips to Eastman Party Store (very close to the mall) to get his baguette from Stone House Bakery and whatever cheese he wants to try... Zitoon is his favorite place to stop for lunch (he LOVES their tabouli & crushed lentil soup)... quite often he grabs some to-go for me. :) This past visit I declined, though. I made way too much chickpea spread to bother with two days worth of restaurant food. :p Plus, I think I'd like to try something different from there....

Brooklyn Boys Pizzeria is here in town, but they only have the ONE vegan choice. :|

**sigh** I miss Heather's Restaurant. :sadnod: Their former chef, Todd Nuzum, is keeping busy at least... he's cooking at another place & has Vegan Night every Wednesday, but the featured dish is always something with seitan & stuff like that. He also held a Vegan De Mayo Meet & Eat on the 5th. When Heather's closed down, I searched all over for a web page for chef Nuzum, couldn't find one... then in further researching the soon-to-be market/co-op, I discovered he was involved, and also has a business/Facebook page with another participant called Two Baked Vegans ----> 需要安全验证

Reactions: Amy SF