Seeking Easy Indian Recipes for Beginners

sireki

Newcomer
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hey everyone,

I'm new to cooking Indian cuisine and would love some guidance on simple recipes to start with. While I'm eager to delve into the vibrant flavors and spices,

I'm a bit intimidated by the complexity often associated with Indian cooking. Can anyone recommend straightforward recipes suitable for beginners?

I'm particularly interested in vegetarian dishes, but any easy-to-follow recipe would be appreciated. Bonus points if it's quick to prepare!

Your suggestions, tips, and even personal anecdotes about your culinary journey would be immensely helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to cooking Indian cuisine and would love some guidance on simple recipes to start with. While I'm eager to delve into the vibrant flavors and spices,

I'm a bit intimidated by the complexity often associated with Indian cooking. Can anyone recommend straightforward recipes suitable for beginners?

I'm particularly interested in vegetarian dishes, but any easy-to-follow recipe would be appreciated. Bonus points if it's quick to prepare!

Your suggestions, tips, and even personal anecdotes about your culinary journey would be immensely helpful like Awesome Cuisine.

thanks in advance for any help

This is my favorite site for Indian cooking!
My spices I have on hand are coriander, dried chili peppers, cloves, cardomom, and a curry spice blend I like, Shan brand-it's mild. I dislike cilantro or I'd have that too. Tumeric and cumin I use very sparingly, again just my taste.
I also keep raw cashews,& coconut milk on hand. I also make soy yogurt, but have bought Silk plain soy yogurt too, as I love the contrast to dishes I find quite spicy

Do you have access to good Indian grocery?

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
My only advice is to follow the instructions of the recipe,but only use the amount of chilli ,salt and sugar that your system will tolerate

Hey everyone,

Your suggestions, tips, and even personal anecdotes about your culinary journey would be immensely helpful.

I like a tasty Madras curry but always keep it simple. According to some grinding your own spices makes a curry incomparable to when using powdered or curry paste. UK supermarkets have a wide variety of spices, pastes and all the necessary ingredients for making various curries.
Moreover, if you have ethnic stores in your area, they will also have a variety of fresh herbs and far more choice if you want to go adventurous.

Just a heads up as we are a vegan forum, we don't post vegetarian recipes in the given section. 👍

Any recipe that is posted in the external links recipe section or this one may be vegetarian and veganized. Dairy cream and ghee can be easily substituted and as for egg curries, tofu would be the best option.