Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanksgiving leftovers: Chickpea cutlets, garlic mashed potatoes, squash-apple bake, sweet potato casserole (thank you, Mom!), cranberry sauce and steamed broccoli.

Pesto pasta with black olives, garlic bread, and a glass of red wine.

Reactions: Val
Lentil soup with potatoes carrots celery and onion and spiced with berbere seasoning and galangal
Have been to Penzeys spices a few times :p
A grapefruit
This is unbelievable. What a coincidence: i've just been reading about galangal on the site of one of our vegetarian shops. I found the description very intriguing. But then it was written that when galangal is perfectly dried, it has mostly the cinnamon flavour. ...Is that true? If so, -then i won't be able to consume it.:sigh:

This is unbelievable. What a coincidence: i've just been reading about galangal on the site of one of our vegetarian shops. I found the description very intriguing. But then it was written that when galangal is perfectly dried, it has mostly the cinnamon flavour. ...Is that true? If so, -then i won't be able to consume it.:sigh:
I don't think so! I only like cinnamon in sweet things, but galangal I would use in hot/sour soup, curries, rice dishes- like a pungent curry powder type, more like cardomon, a strong ginger with a kinda 'aged' taste if that makes sense. More savory- I would not use this in sweet dishes. Umani
Now I want to try it fresh! I know it's in my favorite frozen tamarind rice entree I get at the Indian store

I don't think so! I only like cinnamon in sweet things, but galangal I would use in hot/sour soup, curries, rice dishes- like a pungent curry powder type, more like cardomon, a strong ginger with a kinda 'aged' taste if that makes sense. More savory- I would not use this in sweet dishes. Umani
Now I want to try it fresh! I know it's in my favorite frozen tamarind rice entree I get at the Indian store
:thanks: ...And good luck with trying it fresh. I'll have to do it somedays too, moreover, it's quite cheap.:)

Quinoa & vegetable burger with a quinoa and cabbage, carrot salad plus seasoning.
A warm apple crumble made with whole-wheat flour, oats and spread.

Reactions: PTree15
Vegan navy bean soup, a salad of baby lettuces, tomatoes and cucumbers with Poppyseed salad dressing and baguette dipped in aforementioned soup.

I got home late as I met up with a few pals in the neighbourhood and we went out for a drink.

A baguette sandwich with spread, French mustard and a frankfurter sausage. A slaw with seeds plus vinaigrette.
A glass of full bodied red wine.
A persimmon.
I have some chocolate covered almonds for later on.

Crispy tenders (shop brand) served with roast butternut squash seasoned with garlic, chili flakes and herbs, basmati rice.
Raspberries for dessert.

Crispy tenders served with steamed potatoes, carrots and broccoli.
Warm cinnamon flavoured apple crumble made with ground almonds, ww flour and sweetener served with soya cream.
A margarita.

Status
Not open for further replies.