The Cat Lovers Thread

I just bought my cats some cat grass to eat, well, I have to grow it first. They seemed to be very interested in just the pots of soil I bought and so was my dog! They were all sniffing the Amazon package. :lol:

My Bruce Wayne has not been eating for a few days. We were surange feeding him high calorie gel stuff. Last night we kept him locked in the room, no drinking or peeing. So after hub got home from work, then I clocked out of my job we took him up to an urgent care. He was so well behaved and everyone loved him. He is such a good boy. They were worried about a blockage of his pp, but no blockage. He has a UTI, his liver was a bit high, but kidney wnl (within normal limit), but his thyroid t4 showed signs of Hyperthyroid. They gave him fluids, antibiotics and an appetite stimulate. We went to an urgent care, and the vet Dr Bruce got a kick that the cat is named Bruce. Bruce was so sweet and everyone fell in love with him. I hope the medication gets him to eat. He has gotten skinny. I love that cat so much.

Attachments

• 1725931246013.png
    1725931246013.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
My Bruce Wayne has not been eating for a few days. We were surange feeding him high calorie gel stuff. Last night we kept him locked in the room, no drinking or peeing. So after hub got home from work, then I clocked out of my job we took him up to an urgent care. He was so well behaved and everyone loved him. He is such a good boy. They were worried about a blockage of his pp, but no blockage. He has a UTI, his liver was a bit high, but kidney wnl (within normal limit), but his thyroid t4 showed signs of Hyperthyroid. They gave him fluids, antibiotics and an appetite stimulate. We went to an urgent care, and the vet Dr Bruce got a kick that the cat is named Bruce. Bruce was so sweet and everyone fell in love with him. I hope the medication gets him to eat. He has gotten skinny. I love that cat so much.
I hope he feels better soon!
I've had a few hyperthyroid cats, my two now are on the compounded liquid methimazole. Those pills are soooo hard to cut and give! Pricier, but the dosage is so important.
Is the appetite stimulant mirataz? You put on the ear? It helped my cats that had cancer, as well as the older Cali and Sophie.
Every had Churu? Those were a big help in getting mine to eat

I need to take Char in again--I worry he may have a UTI as I find crystals on the wet litter. Like real crystals

We took him back to the vet. He seems to have an enlarged heart and pulmonary edema after an x ray. We were given entyce appetite stimulant because the mirataz was not working well. He is eating a bit tonight after the meds. I pick up edema meds tomorrow. The vet said either artery disease or heartworm. The vet is putting in a rec a cat cardiologist. Bruce has been so sweet and has not changed his personality at all during this. I am so upset.

Selina was doing scratch attacks on her butt, so she went to the vet a month ago. She was put on Prednisone and gained some weight. She is so chunky. I have to put her on a diet. She is round. She seems to be doing better.

Attachments

• PXL_20240920_121352706.jpg
    PXL_20240920_121352706.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240920_121401712.jpg
    PXL_20240920_121401712.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3