The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to make an online request for my thyroid medication and I ordered some period pain medication as well and I got a call that I have to have a phone consultation for a medication review with the GP. I'm sure they are just bored as they have no patients at the moment!

I had to make an online request for my thyroid medication and I ordered some period pain medication as well and I got a call that I have to have a phone consultation for a medication review with the GP. I'm sure they are just bored as they have no patients at the moment!

You are right. When I went to see the stand in GP he kept me for an hour. The waiting room was empty.

My neurologist's secretary also called me to change my appointment and we also chatted for over 20 minutes. She said that they have very little work and nobody wants to go to the surgery. :p

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Morning/afternoon y'all! It is going to be another beautiful day! Today is the day I have planned to go out shopping. I have a loyalty reward coupon at Big Lots and since that is over near the Aldi's, I will check them out as well. Publix has bags of cat food on the BOGO deal so I should go there too so I am stocked up on cat food.

I was on the phone to the nurse for about 5 seconds. Pointless conversation as I had already told the receptionist that the medication was for period pains. Oh well.

It's so much more depressing being indoors when it's raining!

Insomnia sucks. I’ve been wide awake all night. Didn’t get any sleep at all, and my alarm is set to go off in 25 minutes.

I’m going to try to get some sleep later this morning. Try.
Something strange going on last night as I couldn't sleep at all either & I know a few others couldn't!

Something strange going on last night as I couldn't sleep at all either & I know a few others couldn't!
I couldn't sleep, either. I woke up way too early this morning and could not get back to sleep. I should have been really tired last night because I barely slept the night before. I need a good eight hours. Maybe tonight will be better.

I couldn't sleep, either. I woke up way too early this morning and could not get back to sleep. I should have been really tired last night because I barely slept the night before. I need a good eight hours. Maybe tonight will be better.

I had my best night of sleep EVER!
I'm attributing it to an early dinner time and no post-dinner protein shake.

I am thinking about creating a new insomnia thread.
Not one that we add to in the middle of the night (although that might be a good idea, too)
But on tips and tricks to beat insomnia.

Reactions: Val
I slept pretty well last night after I got to sleep. It often takes me a while to fall asleep. I did wake up at 6 but managed to fall back to sleep until 7. I think it is one of the effects of all this madness around us. They were talking about how people seem to be having intense dreams and nightmares on the news this morning.
I am back from my shopping. I got the BOGO cat food at Publix so I think I am set for a while. I have 4 of the small bags; I just opened one. I got more litter at Big Lots since it is cheap there so I have 2 full jugs. I am starting to use paper plates which I hate to do because of the environmental impacts but I am running the dishwasher too much and my water bill has gone up. So I now have 2 packs of paper plates to use. I got a 10 lb bag of the bird food so I hope that lasts a while. It is hard to estimate what I will need in the future but with no income I am trying!
I am not impressed with the DeLand Aldi's. I can do better at the Walmart Market which is 2 minutes from me. Aldi's is on the other end of town. I got a few things just because I was there but I doubt I will go back over there. Not much at all in the vegetarian category though I did get some oat milk cheaper than Silk. I guess Aldi's must vary greatly by location.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
I am not impressed with the DeLand Aldi's. I can do better at the Walmart Market which is 2 minutes from me. Aldi's is on the other end of town. I got a few things just because I was there but I doubt I will go back over there. Not much at all in the vegetarian category though I did get some oat milk cheaper than Silk. I guess Aldi's must vary greatly by location.
That's a bummer that your Aldi wasn't impressive. I do the bulk of my shopping at Aldi at the moment, so I feel fortunate.

Maybe it is a FL thing with Aldi. I have only found veggie burgers. Some of their specialty products are pretty good. I don't go there much.

OMG, too much tea. Nervous.

I don't know if I mentioned that since I couldn't go to Big Cat Rescue that I ordered some merchandise which came today!

IMG_20200429_141655.jpg

The bobcat magnet is 3-D and the mug has Nikita's paw print on the other side. Hopefully Lynda and I will get to go if they ever start doing tours again.

I got just 41 minutes of sleep this afternoon. 😕

I’m pretty sure it’s stress and anxiety related to being in quarantine this long. For me it’s been about seven weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of other people are experiencing insomnia as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.