The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us! (June 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Life is scary right now.

I need to get my walks in, but it is so insanely hot lately. I need the exercise. Great stress relief. I do not like walking after dark, when it is cooler.
What about early morning, or are you not a morning person?

I need to get my walks in, but it is so insanely hot lately. I need the exercise. Great stress relief. I do not like walking after dark, when it is cooler.

I have stopped going out for walks too. It's meant to be really hot today so I probably won't go out today either.

there are tons of mosquitoes.
Aha, same here,- i'm itching like a stray dog. Surprisingly, mosquitos become almost inactive at night. So this night, until 4+a.m., i was sitting on our swinging sofa in the yard, playing games instead of sleeping. At least it wasn't hot...

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie
I'm just sitting indoors with the fan going. I bought an upright fan and it is useless so I went back to my old fan as it is a lot more powerful. The new one is like someone breathing on you. It's completely pointless. :laughing:

So many mosquitoes. They attack worse at sunset.

Yoga done, showered, lunch made and ready with some time to kill. Go me.
They are saying there is a heat advisory today.

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is going to be very hot here too! I am north of SB but it will still be in the upper 90's. I am watching a DVD that needs to be returned to the library today. Going to the library is my big plan of the day!

I had a great time volunteering today. We delivered fresh fruits and vegetables to people who are still quarantined.

It was also good to get out and see different parts of the city again.

I'm leading another project tomorrow.

Hi Amy! :hug: Unghshu is not sleeping either, despite that it's 3.30a.m.23:laptop: About 2 hrs ago, i was thinking of you: i saw disturbing news about recent covid situation in the US. It was said that some states are registering 5-7 thousands of new cases of covid per day, and that California is leading this statistics. What have you heard about it? What's happening in Agoura Hills and in your facility? Are you safe? Can you go out and leave the facility? If not,- do you have enough supplies?

I confess I haven’t read every single post in this thread for the last couple of days, so if I’ve missed any big news from anyone, I apologize. ❤

@Val

ugh, California has been reopening prematurely, and the governor wants to reverse course and shut everything down again. No change here at Meadowbrook, maintaining the status quo. We’re discouraged from leaving the facility. If we do, we have to quarantine in our room for a couple of weeks. If we leave our room for any reason, we have to wear a mask. And we’re allowed to order online whatever we need. I just ordered more body wash, facial tissues and pretzels from Target. I can’t live without pretzels. 🤣

Disneyland was supposed to reopen on July 17, but the reopening has been delayed. The virus is a gift that just keeps on giving... 😬

• Sad
Reactions: Val
It was so hot here yesterday and it's hot again today. I hate very hot weather.:fp: It puts me a really bad mood.

I have my phone CBT session later this afternoon. It feels like I have been doing it for ages now.

I am going to have a cool bath after I finish listening to the request hour on Radio X. They are playing Arrested Development - People Everyday. I haven't heard that song in years!

Morning/afternoon y'all! Another boiling hot day today as usual for this time of year! I am working an 11-4 shift as the "counter" which is easy but boring. Tonight is Sweets-n-Eats at Central 28 so that is something to look forward too. I have to remember to take the t-shirt I got last week back and get a bigger one.

Well I'm off work till July 6! and I left my bluetooth there ...:pout:
We'll be getting all the fridays in July off too now, but are getting 4 hours pay for off days, and required to use personal time if we have it, so not too bad
I really better make a To-Do list or I'll waste it :fp:

Status
Not open for further replies.