The Everything Thanksgiving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my aunt's daughters can't make it this year, she canceled doing Thanksgiving for the whole family. But that's ok! My mom is coming here, so it will just be three of us.

I usually eat Tofurky, but this year I'm trying the Trader Joe's Turkeyless Roast. I got an onion and some carrots to cook with it. I've got a bag of Whole Foods' vegan stuffing mix, which I'll make with onion and celery. All of my time/energy will be spent on from-scratch roasted garlic mashed potato. I also have some fresh green beans that I'm just going to steam.

Dessert will be gingerbread cake, which I'm making from a mix, Wednesday night. I'll also make some coconut whipped "cream."

Great menu, RL!

Still debating on what to bring. We are going to bf's Aunt's house. I asked him to ask what is needed, but he has not yet.

I asked him about it again. He said I don't know whatever you want to make. ERRR!

I decided it's going to be:
-Mashed garlic potatoes
-Green beans with roasted pine nuts & crumbled goat's cheese
-Veggi ''chicken'' fillet with cranberry gravy

For dessert lemon & lime cupcakes with lemon frosting :)

I am not American, however I like the thought of Thanksgiving, and I live on my own so decided to just have some fun with the concept :)

I decided it's going to be:
-Mashed garlic potatoes
-Green beans with roasted pine nuts & crumbled goat's cheese
-Veggi ''chicken'' fillet with cranberry gravy

For dessert lemon & lime cupcakes with lemon frosting :)

I am not American, however I like the thought of Thanksgiving, and I live on my own so decided to just have some fun with the concept :)

That sounds like fun ! Any excuse to have a posh meal !:D

Most of my family members are in the States. So I also share all of the buzz and excitement during this time of the year.

We are not doing my annual vegan Thanksgiving feast, as I just don't have the energy for it. I am going to my boyfriend's family's traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but I will go early to help make some of the sides, ensuring that there are things I can eat on the menu. In years past, this is what I have made (from scratch) for my family:

Wild mushroom pot pie
Apple pecan stuffing
Garlic red-skinned mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy
Ginger-glazed carrots
Peas/edamame and pearl onions
Roasted winter squash (last year I did acorn squash and filled with the stuffing)
Roasted brussels sprouts
Cranberry-orange sauce

I love to hear about customs/holidays from people in other countries...I agree, any excuse to celebrate good food! :)

This thread is making me excited for tomorrow!:chef:

I will start cooking today! I have to make two loaves of bread for the stuffing (it sounds like hard work - but I use the breadmaker, I'm not that dedicated).

I find it easy to start cooking a day in advance. Actually, I probably should have started the bread yesterday, but oh well.
Today I will make:
stuffing
cranberry sauce
pumpkin cheesecake
possibly the apple pie

Tomorrow I will make:
Tofurky roast
gravy
mashed potatoes
roasted sweet potatoes
glazed brussels sprouts
mac and cheese

The boy is responsible for the turkey and meaty gravy, because I won't even touch the poor thing to move it in the fridge. :(

And his brother is bringing green bean casserole.

We always make way too much food. :D

Got my pumpkin pies in the oven now. They smell so good!! :lick:

Yummy!

These are the cupcakes I baked, they're on my blog so I can put this picture here ;)

Cupcakes+citroen+lime+004.JPG

Since my aunt's daughters can't make it this year, she canceled doing Thanksgiving for the whole family. But that's ok! My mom is coming here, so it will just be three of us.

I usually eat Tofurky, but this year I'm trying the Trader Joe's Turkeyless Roast. I got an onion and some carrots to cook with it. I've got a bag of Whole Foods' vegan stuffing mix, which I'll make with onion and celery. All of my time/energy will be spent on from-scratch roasted garlic mashed potato. I also have some fresh green beans that I'm just going to steam.

Dessert will be gingerbread cake, which I'm making from a mix, Wednesday night. I'll also make some coconut whipped "cream."
I have never tried the vegan stuffing mix at WF. I didn't even know they carried that :)
Mmmm, gingerbread cake!

Status
Not open for further replies.