The Good Memories thread

I rescued some "organic" farm turkeys ...saved them from the Xmas deaths for corpse munchers....too expensive to be put in "pet food" or is the term "companion food" preferred...means the same thing...these were my "companion pet turkeys" as the word "pet" or "companion" seems to "make all the difference" when it comes to who gets to live or die hey ...animals...are what they are...PETS and FARM animals

They were sickly feeble suffering animals from the day i got them...bred too heavy for their legs ...had respiratory problems water on the lungs as standard the vet said...and hobbled in pain when walking that got progressively worse over the months once full frankenstein sized.

The pleasure of bonding with such gentle inquisitive animals was matched by the pain of watching daily their suffering and in one case prolonged death despite medications of the weakest one ironically named "Christmas"

The "red tractor" label supposedly the highest welfare for "organic free range" label to get highest prices...100 GBP per bird...meant they did not get any medication or antibiotics when ill and in pain during their time on the farm in order to get the red tractor label.

I did what i could for them...as i said...the pleasure of their intelligence and trust in me that was misplaced towards humans who see them as food for themselves or their pets was mitigated by having to watch their suffering ... there was nothing they liked more than coming into the house to be with my vegan dogs and vegan cat...but unfortunately such birds poop and it was only in the nights in the cold seasons they were allowed in the porch where they gurgled purred and loved to be part of the other animals more commonly seen as PETS and so privileged compared to them.

I did them a webpage of their start and life a bit...

The day I collected them from the farm...put in the car with my vegan dogs...and then introduced to my vegan cat...

They used to look up at the birds flying and tried to fly themselves but unlike their natural ancestors could not...such frankenstein unnatural suffering animals...who people only see as "food" for humans or pets.

It was a privilege to share their mental suffering if not their physical suffering to realise and strengthen my resolve...to never...never...tolerate people talking of breeding and killing these animals to feed themselves or their preferred pets.

1600352384543.png

1600352103500.png

1600352124953.png
1600352148523.png

1600352216501.png

This was the last youtube video of the dying on New Year day Christmas Turkey hen the sickest weakest of them.

1600352103500.png1600352124953.png1600352148523.png1600352216501.png1600352384543.png

This is the MALE TOM turkey in my lounge...so chuffed to be allowed by me at the laptop and tv going...he chuffed and chortled in pleasure...

The write up on the youtube public video was this...i had to delete the YUM YUM horrible comments i got to the video of the sick dying turkey hen Christmas...someone who ranted at me saying "that is what they are bred for...to kill and eat...who got angry when i replied ...kill and eat your dog but get off my video this is for the VET to see"

Male Tom Turkey Sounds Grunts Cackles Chuff Chuff Growls and Coughs Welcome to Vegan-Information.com_Black_Bronze_Turkeys_Christmas_Hannukah_Tofurky Go vegan to stop breeding these suffering killed animals. Human designed turkeys are UNABLE TO FLY naturally as their ancestors could....25 miles flights at a time were possible. The chickens turkeys humans breeds are so over sized they suffer pains in legs arthritis as standard heart and internal organ pains Broiler chickens UK DEFRA standards for their pathetic 6 weeks only lives are 19 ADULT SIZE CHICKENS to 1m2 CAGES THEIR ENTIRE SHORT LIVES in pain as designed to be so pumped full of antibiotics just to keep them alive ! 70 percent of the world's antibiotics are pumped into farmed animals ! chickens get the most of course as we kill those the most in numbers. Vegan is the ethical and healthy way to live for us and the planet IT starts with you....be one less person harming killing animals...leave them off your plate. PEACE starts on our plates...take VIOLENCE off our plates our bodies etc 1kg of TOFU has more protein than 1kg of animal flesh. FACT. This is why we are talking about...one of my 4 rescue turkeys....would or should I kill this turkey to feed my cat ? and if not him is it ethical to kill turkeys other people own rather than him due to him having the label "rescue" ? This is why we are talking about...one of my 4 rescue turkeys....would or should I kill this turkey to feed my cat ? and if not him is it ethical to kill turkeys other people own rather than him due to him having the label "rescue" ? Male Tom Turkey Sounds Grunts Cackles Chuff Chuff Growls and Coughs "ANIMALS ARE NOT OURS to USE" is the 1st principle of veganism. So ? we cannot believe that if we USE animals can we duh ! We cannot try and kid ourselves that the animals we OWN personally matter more than animals OTHER OWN. If animals are OWNED we owe them responsibility. Feed them vegan is the least we should do to not USE other owned animals. Why do people think it is ok to donate to shelters with dogs and cats in them ? those are not animals the donors OWN ! so why fund killing 1000's of animals to feed those particular pet dogs and cats that get all the donations of course ? or are we in schizophrenia donating to a CHICKEN RESCUE separately to a DOG RESCUE and thinking we are saving chickens lives ? It makes no sense. We would do better to kill the RESCUE chickens and feed them to the rescue dogs if we happen to prefer dogs hey ! ? There are rescues out there...with RESCUE CHICKENS and RESCUE DOGS who are feeding the dogs chickens in the dog food ! but not the RESCUE chickens of course they are funded by DONATIONS to keep alive. This is nonsense ! hypocrisy ! A common EXCUSE ? used is...these are RESCUES so we need to take care of them....so ? what about the RESCUE CHICKENS ? or are we thinking the TITLE of RESCUE of a chicken means we kill NON RESCUE BRED OWNED BY HUMANS CHICKENS to kill for a cat ? it is illogical not ethical reasoning. There are rescues....with rabbits and chickens as well as cats and dogs...and ? those rescues are feeding the cats and dogs rabbits and chickens in their pet foods ! it is illogical hypocritical to not see the ridiculousness of this situation ! why are they taking funds to keep alive the RESCUE rabbits and chickens and killing other rabbits and chickens to feed the cats and dogs ? seems to be just about DONATIONS hey !

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Tom L.
Sopo (how do you pronounce it?) is gorgeous. Where her eyes as blue as they seem or is it the lighting? I'm always amazed when I see either cats or dogs with deep blue eyes.
She had light green eyes with yellow in them. But depending on the lightning, her eyes might have seemed like completely yellow or orange.

Here are some examples:

015.jpg
Funny Tail.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg
IMG_0467.jpgIMG_2649.JPG
IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG

Green on the center and yellow more on the outerpart. I hope that I'm making some sense.
Söpös name is pronounced like it's written. But that's difficult to explain.
In this video he is using öppna as example. That's how it's pronounced.

Last edited by a moderator:
In some of the pictures you can see how her pupils reflect light. That might make you think that her eyes are brightly coloured.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
She had light green eyes with yellow in them. But depending on the lightning, her eyes might have seemed like completely yellow or orange.

Here are some examples:

View attachment 23091
View attachment 23092
View attachment 23093
View attachment 23095View attachment 23096
View attachment 23097
View attachment 23098

Green on the center and yellow more on the outerpart. I hope that I'm making some sense.
Söpös name is pronounced like it's written. But that's difficult to explain.
In this video he is using öppna as example. That's how it's pronounced.

She's beautiful-a real knockout!

I can’t stop thinking about Ben. I must still have some guilt, wondering did I drag it out too long or not fight long enough. I think I did the right thing but maybe subconsciously I’m not so sure. Or it’s just me missing him. He was only 9. He should have lived longer. And I think I’m mad that I never got a diagnosis most of all.
E5A7C332-38C2-446F-931B-3B57F511352B.jpeg

I can’t stop thinking about Ben. I must still have some guilt, wondering did I drag it out too long or not fight long enough. I think I did the right thing but maybe subconsciously I’m not so sure. Or it’s just me missing him. He was only 9. He should have lived longer. And I think I’m mad that I never got a diagnosis most of all.
View attachment 23102

Awwwww Ben is gorgeous. I know how it feels to miss a pet that you are madly in love with. So sorry KL. ♥️♥️♥️

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
View attachment 23102
Guilt is unfortunatelly very intrinsic part of losing a pet. And veterinary science is still deficient. Also, many vets develop compassion fatigue that can be detrimental to the patients.

I also feel very guilty about what happened to Söpö. Oggy, Seppo and JP has told me that I did much more than what many other people would have done. But even if I tried my best, that wasn't enough. That's one reason why I'm not sure if I'll ever adopt again. I'm indaquate.
I wish I would have been better to her. She would have deserved so much more.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
She had such soulful eyes. 💗

Awww thank you for saying that. Indeed she did. I could read her thoughts by looking into her eyes.
She was such a sweet soul and also a funny dog.
I remember that she would pick out her dry food and spit it out onto the floor as she wanted to eat her courgettes or other vegetables.:D

If I had company over (especially children) she would immediately comme and sit on my lap as she wasn't willing to share me with others.