US US Politics 2024

WARNING:
Terrible story ahead. If you find the tragic death of animals to be triggering - stop right here.

Kristi Noem, governor of South Dakota, could be Trumps pick for VP. She was lampooned pretty fiercely by the left when she proudly stated at an NRA event that her 2 year old granddaughter has a shotgun.

she has written a book the describes how after a hunting dog of hers joyfully killed a bunch of chickens she took it out in the woods and shot it. Then having a goat she didn't like, she killed that too.

For the whole story

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...-noem-shoots-puppy-she-hated-book-1235011230/

WARNING:
Terrible story ahead. If you find the tragic death of animals to be triggering - stop right here.

Kristi Noem, governor of South Dakota, could be Trumps pick for VP. She was lampooned pretty fiercely by the left when she proudly stated at an NRA event that her 2 year old granddaughter has a shotgun.

she has written a book the describes how after a hunting dog of hers joyfully killed a bunch of chickens she took it out in the woods and shot it. Then having a goat she didn't like, she killed that too.

For the whole story

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...-noem-shoots-puppy-she-hated-book-1235011230/
People need to wake up and realize the monsters aren't so much in our streets but in our government--and rebel

Some one asked why the hell would she ever include this story in her book. It makes her look like a monster.

A guy on Reddit answered it this way, "This the kind of stories that makes GOP men respect women, thats it. They need to see they are capable of violence and dirty things because they might be at the bar sometimes and you might have to shoot a black jogger in the back as hes running away.

• Informative
Reactions: Second Summer
Some one asked why the hell would she ever include this story in her book. It makes her look like a monster.

A guy on Reddit answered it this way, "This the kind of stories that makes GOP men respect women, thats it. They need to see they are capable of violence and dirty things because they might be at the bar sometimes and you might have to shoot a black jogger in the back as hes running away.
People used to be able to control those kinds of feeling due to societal pressure. Now they have people validating their feelings, whether it's to get treat animals as 'property' to be disposed of, or seeing those different from themselves as deserving of fewer rights.
This whole "saying the quiet part out loud" is incredibly scary because when you can speak openly about things that are horrid they become normalized.

WARNING:

For the whole story

I see a number of people have donated to the Glacial Lakes Humane Society in South Dakota in honour of Cricket.
watertownpaws.org/give

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

As it turns out, the reported deaths are stastically unlikely...
I read the Jerusalem Post as an antidote to the anti-semitic mainstream narrative and you would be surprised how much news isn't reported that would utterly disprove the nonsense genocide accusations and other piffle that is being spewed out by ignorant pro Palestinian wokies!

I read the Jerusalem Post as an antidote to the anti-semitic mainstream narrative and you would be surprised how much news isn't reported that would utterly disprove the nonsense genocide accusations and other piffle that is being spewed out by ignorant pro Palestinian wokies!
Looks like you've made up your mind about this. (No further comment necessary.)

Reactions: Andy_T
People need to wake up and realize the monsters aren't so much in our streets but in our government--and rebel
I would like to think that, but realistically it seems the poison is both in government and in the streets at this point. There is a question where its ultimate source is, though. Some say we get the politicians we deserve, but I think that's a rather naive take on it, at least in countries such as the US.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I haven't really followed the whole Israeli vs Palestine war stuff because it just disturbs me so much. The protests on college campuses has brought up many memories of my time in college (1970) when horrible things happened. The anniversary of the Kent state massacre is coming up May 4th. It's really upsetting!

I've heard at least two colleges claim that people who are not enrolled in the school and "outside groups" have joined the protests.

And curiously a number of protesters are taking a page from the the KKK playbook and covering their faces.

I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the protests have received assistance from these aforementioned outside groups.

I would love to find out how many of these students have protested civilian deaths in other conflicts. My guess is less than 1%. Which begs the question why these civilian deaths matter more to them than other civilian deaths. :shrug:

Curiously selective IMO.

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Going back to the dog shooting story.
I was trying to be so sensitive about it, however in the meantime every late night comedian has been using it for material. I asked my sister, who is a dog lover and a big consumer of late night TV shows if she thought they were being insensitive and she thought I was being Over-Sensitive.
Oh, well.

Anyway I'm seeing the commentary on this EveryWhere.

One guy on Reddit said this, "
1714841939944.png1714841939944.png

Reactions: Emma JC
One thing that both Dems and Republicans seem to have agreed on is that Lab Grown Meat must be banned. Florida has banned it and at least 3 other states are working on it.

"What’s happening in Florida and Alabama is part of a broader political strategy to hinder the nascent cell-cultivated meat industry. Earlier this year, lawmakers in Arizona introduced a similar ban, with one Republican supporter saying, “We want to protect our cattle and our ranches.” One of the co-sponsors is a rancher himself."

Wait! What? They think they are protecting cattle?

Going back to the dog shooting story.
I was trying to be so sensitive about it, however in the meantime every late night comedian has been using it for material. I asked my sister, who is a dog lover and a big consumer of late night TV shows if she thought they were being insensitive and she thought I was being Over-Sensitive.
Oh, well.

Anyway I'm seeing the commentary on this EveryWhere.

One guy on Reddit said this, "
View attachment 30573View attachment 30573
It was always clear that they are sociopaths, the “dog-hating” part is what’s new…

It’s an opinion piece.

To be fair, I am at it at a loss of words at the mental gymnastics that makes the author claim that being unhappy about the IDF killing 35,000 people (70% of them women and minors) in a “defensive war” is a direct outcome of believing in the “blood libel”.

• Agree
Reactions: silva and Lou