Vegan Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Once upon a time, seeing a vegan Ben & Jerry's in the store would have made my day. Maybe my whole summer. But I'm already hooked on So Delicious Cashew milk Frozen Deserts. Don't even need the chocolate mix ins, I'm happy with the simpler flavors. And I haven't even begun to work my way through their Almond, Coconut or Soymilk versions.

Reactions: KLS52
The cashew milk is the best of the best. I can't stop eating it!

I still haven't tried it, but an back to my normal preholiday weight, so may get some.

I'm going to Aldis for the first time today! Probably, that's the plan depending on son's injury status. (Broken nose probably fine)

The "alternative" ice creams are so expensive! They also are in such small containers! I have not tried the cashew milk ones but do enjoy the coconut and almond versions. I use to be an ice cream fiend way back in the day before the lifetstyle change so I do miss it.

The "alternative" ice creams are so expensive! They also are in such small containers! I have not tried the cashew milk ones but do enjoy the coconut and almond versions. I use to be an ice cream fiend way back in the day before the lifetstyle change so I do miss it.

I find that this is the case with a lot of veg*n specialty products - but they (understandably) get significantly cheaper when they're stocked by large retailers - who also then put offers on them to make them even more affordable. For example, now that supermarkets over here stock Swedish Glace ice cream, it's widely available for £2 a tub instead of the £4 I was paying before.

This is why I contact supermarkets directly with requests for them to stock specific brands/items, and also contact big brands who make non-vegan things to request vegan versions - I know that it's not my doing specifically, but as a 'drop in the bucket' kind of thing, a lot of the things I've emailed companies about have happened (including Ben & Jerry's making a vegan ice cream). Hopefully, it will be widely stocked when it hits the UK, with a price point similar to that of the dairy versions (which are hella pricey anyway) :)

I hope Ben & Jerry's offers some coupons when they get to the stores!
I ran into the grocery store just for cat food and when I got home, I saw I had a couple of store coupons in my bag and one was for $1 off a pint of the nondairy Ben & Jerry's. It's good until May, so I'm guessing it should be showing up in the freezer soon!

I ran into the grocery store just for cat food and when I got home, I saw I had a couple of store coupons in my bag and one was for $1 off a pint of the nondairy Ben & Jerry's. It's good until May, so I'm guessing it should be showing up in the freezer soon!

I hope it gets here soon! I am on an email list for Ben & Jerry's so perhaps they will send a coupon in email.

Reactions: PTree15
I hope it gets here soon! I am on an email list for Ben & Jerry's so perhaps they will send a coupon in email.
That would be awesome. I checked my store tonight, but it's still not there, so as a consolation, I got some cashew milk dark chocolate truffle. It's delicious! I had to try a bit when I got home. :)

Poppy just got her hands on three pints...I say we raid her freezer! Lol

Reactions: Chryssie
I just got the coffee caramel flavor and the brownie one. I can't believe I spent $12 on ice cream. :eek:

There will be pictures once I open them. :D

ETA: There probably won't be pictures after all. It wasn't very good. :no: The flavor is fine, but the texture is kind of dry and not at all creamy. The coffee caramel one is a little better than the chocolate brownie, but it's very disappointing. I'll be sticking to So Delicious.

Last edited:
I had read a review of the B&J's. It said the brownie one was disappointing. I will try the peanut butter one and the coffee one with my free coupons. I buy these ice creams very rarely as they are too expensive!

I'm mainly interested in the coffee caramel and will try it when I find it. I love the Cashew Milk varieties so much it doesn't matter if I end up not liking B&J's. I do like to try new things, tho. I went to Whole Foods, yesterday but they didn't have it.

Reactions: Poppy
I just got the coffee caramel flavor and the brownie one. I can't believe I spent $12 on ice cream. :eek:

There will be pictures once I open them. :D

ETA: There probably won't be pictures after all. It wasn't very good. :no: The flavor is fine, but the texture is kind of dry and not at all creamy. The coffee caramel one is a little better than the chocolate brownie, but it's very disappointing. I'll be sticking to So Delicious.

Aw :(

@Calliegirl How disappointing that you didn't like them. :( I guess some people do vegan ice cream better than others. Hopefully if B&J's gets lots of negative feedback, they'll tinker with the new vegan line and make them better.

I think it's just a matter of preference, sometimes. I find the almond milk and coconut milk varieties very bland yet there seems to be a big enough market for them. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find soy ice cream which is my second favorite to the cashew milk ones.