Vegan Butter

Haha yeah. I can't remember too well other than it being horrible. Alsot tastes nothing like butter whereas Vitalite literally tastes the same. Vitalite is about £1.10 so it's not even more expensive.

Haha yeah. I can't remember too well other than it being horrible. Alsot tastes nothing like butter whereas Vitalite literally tastes the same. Vitalite is about £1.10 so it's not even more expensive.

I'll also pick up a tub as it is cheap. Can you buy it at Sainsbury's ?
I pay nearly €3 for a tub of olive oil spread.:(

I think it's in all supermarkets! It's just by the dairy butters. People eat it anyway without even realising it's vegan & have done for years I think. :D

It's goes on offer for £1 often.

:yes:

How do you get things like that back? Do you have a cooler bag or something?

I usually either freeze the stuff or at least put them into the fridge. Just before departing from the house, I place the stuff into my suitcase and everything is still cold when I unpack it upon arrival. I did place the food into a Sainsbury's cooler bag for the very first time when I flew back on Monday.

I think Pure soya just tastes bland, the non-soya pures taste of even less, vitalite tastes like normal margarine. None of them taste like butter.:)

They should make vegan actual butter. I'm not sure it's possible though!

Oh you're right actually. It doesn't taste like butter...I never ate butter & always just referred to the spreads I ate as butter for some reason. :\

Yeah i say butter when i mean marg. I used to like lurpak in my preveggie days. Accidently licked a knife with some on the other week...tasted so fatty and sickly. Yak.

Yeah i say butter when i mean marg. I used to like lurpak in my preveggie days. Accidently licked a knife with some on the other week...tasted so fatty and sickly. Yak.

That is what I used to eat. I really dislike salted butter and prefer a more bland tasting spread.

According to QI it's not even margarine, it's... spread? But saying "spread" sounds weird. So I still call it margarine :)

I usually either freeze the stuff or at least put them into the fridge. Just before departing from the house, I place the stuff into my suitcase and everything is still cold when I unpack it upon arrival. I did place the food into a Sainsbury's cooler bag for the very first time when I flew back on Monday.

Maybe you should get an extra tub of EB for Digoa. :D

If you are having a savoury sandwich or piece of toast you could just put some olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on the bread before putting on the other things.

I don't keep the Vitalite I haven't started, in the fridge. It just sits on a shelf until I need it, and then I start putting it in the fridge. I haven't had a problem with it going off or tasting funny, or dying.