Vegan food that resembles traditional food.

Though unethical and not recommended, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone secretly replaced all of the meat items in a real "burger joint" with plant-based substitutes. How many people would actually complain? I'm sure some people would, but I'm curious just how many.
I sometimes wonder that, too.

The final challenge is that when you have gotten the meat eaters to try the awesome vegan burgers, they have liked them and said that they were nice, somebody will ask "But why is it so expensive? McDonalds is much cheaper..." :unamused:

For reference: My favourite burger place, a chain from Vienna:

Reactions: PTree15 and Brian W
Though unethical and not recommended, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone secretly replaced all of the meat items in a real "burger joint" with plant-based substitutes. How many people would actually complain?
Some people with allergies or IBS and maybe other conditions might, but I get what you are saying. The owner of The British Shop here in Gothenburg said he eats meat but he really likes Richmond plant-based sausages and thinks that meat eaters wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you didn't tell them they are plant-based. I agree with him.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
A few months ago I made some friends a "Chicken & Bacon" Pizza using vegan meats. Neither realised it until I told them and both enjoyed it. I'm sure if I told them beforehand, they wouldn't of even tried it! I also have friends who love both the vegan Richmond Sausages and Quorn Battered Nuggets [which taste evtremely similar to McDonalds]. A lot is based on their preconceived ideas of plant based meat alternatives. And let's be honest, a few years ago, our options were limited and pretty disgusting!

Reactions: PTree15
A few months ago I made some friends a "Chicken & Bacon" Pizza using vegan meats. Neither realised it until I told them and both enjoyed it. I'm sure if I told them beforehand, they wouldn't of even tried it! I also have friends who love both the vegan Richmond Sausages and Quorn Battered Nuggets [which taste evtremely similar to McDonalds]. A lot is based on their preconceived ideas of plant based meat alternatives. And let's be honest, a few years ago, our options were limited and pretty disgusting!

Reminds me of a comment that one of our guests at a drinks and nibbles made! ''Those sausage rolls were outstanding but it's a shame that they were vegan''! :D