And (a) I can be true
But that's for somebody else
And it will never be you.
You think we're predetermined
But babe you're learning
Way to slow
But it seems such a long time ago.

Reactions: Lou
I'm not a huge country fan, but this is a classic cover of such an amazing song.

Holy crap, I love this song!!! I also love Pure Prairie League (I noticed you posted) and America and all those sort of country-ish rock bands like the Eagles.

My favorite Willie/Merle song though is Highway Man. Which is about my maternal grandfather, who raised me. My sister and I both call it the papa song. He literally was a sailor, he worked as a civil engineer so built bridges and roads, and in the last days of his life he was a "highwayman" we couldn't keep him at home he kept taking road trips, and carried a .22 revolver with him in the car. One time the cops called my mom because he pulled off in his car and slept in some people's yard in Virginia. Our highwayman.

Reactions: Veganite
My last post in this thread as these are my favorite songs and it gives you an idea of my preferred music taste.
I respect all music. I highly recommend listening to this with a quality set of headphones while on mushrooms. Absolutely mind blowing.

Holy crap, I love this song!!! I also love Pure Prairie League (I noticed you posted) and America and all those sort of country-ish rock bands like the Eagles.

It would seem we have similar tastes in music. Although, I listen to many different genres. My heart is in folk music and blues as a musician, but I'll listen to most anything. I mean, I'll give it a chance...doesn't mean I'll like it.

I first heard the Joan Baez version of this song when I was about twelve, and it has informed my entire life.

This is the EP that got me into punk. Front man Nick Blinko's writings helped turn me vegan as well.

today was an Enya day - it's been a long time and it was very enjoyable

btw I love k.d. - especially her Olympic version of Hallelujah

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
Status
Not open for further replies.