What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Finally! I have a weirdly fond memory of making what is called strawberry pretzel dessert. It's a pretzel base, layer of sweetened cream cheese, and then a layer of strawberry jello made with frozen strawberries to chill it quickly .
I had soy/cashew yogurt I made and strained till it was thick while making the pretzel crust. I melted half a stick of plant based butter in an 8x8 preheating the oven while crushing enough pretzels to make about 1.5 cups. Took out casserole dish and added them and a Tblp of sugar and mixed around. Pressed down really well and baked at 350 F for 10 min.
When cool I spread the yogurt and put in fridge.
I used a box of Gefen jel that has carageenan as jel, made with one cup of boiling water (instead of 2), and added a handful of frozen mixed berries. let sit in fridge till thick enough to spread on top.

So glad I got that out of my mind :weird: .There are many vegan versions, but I didn't like the sound of any of them.This was ok, won't make again
I will do the pretzel crust for a peanut butter, chocolate thing
I had never heard of this dessert. I like the idea of a pretzel base for a crust, though, for other desserts.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm making some meals/desserts for my nephew's GF, who just had foot surgery: spaghetti sauce, veggie pot pie, buffalo soy curls, hummus, chocolate chip scones and banana bread. :) It will be a miracle if I get this all done tonight, lol. The sauce is already cooking, and I just made the crust for the pot pie. I might save making the banana bread for tomorrow morning. The scones don't take long to bake, maybe 15 minutes.