What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had something similar as I had for lunch, since I didn't use up my chickpea concoction: Chickpea "hot dogs" (chickpeas, crushed flax, spices), grilled and put into wholemeal bread along with pickles (instead of jalapenos) some chopped broccoli (instead of lettuce), sunflower seeds, mustard, ketchup and salt.

Last night I had a Greek salad, minus the feta, and a baked potato with salsa. Tonight I am making tortilla soup....well, this afternoon, but that's what's for dinner.

Trying to get rid of a cold so I had a salad with kale, romaine, two raw garlic cloves and poppy seed dressing. A sandwich on french bread with veganaise, chao and basil. Also had a lemon ginger tea with extra lemon juice and turmeric.

Dinner was salad: Chinese cabbage, tomato, sunflower seeds, caramelized onion, garlic, mushrooms, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar and salt.

Reactions: Susanne A.
Wholemeal peanut butter and strawberry sandwiches with cacao powder and jaggery. Cold brewed Hibiscus tea.

Reactions: hopeful
So good...

I made a fairly large batch of Nixtamalized corn last night, and I wanted tacos - so I made the shells from it and a bit of ground flax/water. They were delicious!

Filling was pinto beans, Chinese cabbage, raw onion and garlic, tomato, jalapenos, cumin spice and salt. edit: avocado too!

Only problem was...not very good at making soft shells. They folded enough to make taco, but I had to be careful!

Last edited:
Last night was an attempt at tofu young (failed miserably) had that with a stir fry of long beans, daikon, gai lan and bitter melon.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I warmed up the last portion of a batch of curried lentils I made and froze last month.

I am always so impressed with how well properly seasoned lentils freeze and re-heat!

I topped the lentil curry with a bit of hot sauce, and ate it on corn tortillas I pan-fried in coconut oil, for a little Indi-Mex "fusion cuisine" it was so, so yummy!

I love lentils, and often freeze half of the lentil curries and soups I make. Beans seem to freeze quite well in general. I don't buy canned beans often, so I always freeze my cooked beans. It's kinda hard to pull the pressure cooker out for one cup of beans.

I had pizza leftovers, with a huge salad for my dinner. I love cold pizza :p

I am always so impressed with how well properly seasoned lentils freeze and re-heat!

That's good to know. I am planning on making a lentil dish for one of the first times ever next week, so maybe I will freeze some of the leftovers.

Started to get hungry some time after my lunch post (even though it was dinner time) so I put together a salad:

Chinese lettuce, cauliflower, pickles and sauce: Caramelized onion, garlic, tomato paste, ground sumac, smoked paprika and a little salt.

...and my last homemade corn tortilla until tomorrow when I make more.

Red potatoes with a sauce made from water, peanuts, smoked paprika, ground sumac, caramelized onion, garlic, mustard powder and a little ketchup.

Lemon water.

Whole meal sandwiches with baked tofu, broccoli, Chinese lettuce, a little liquid smoke, mustard, ketchup, pickles, salt.

Last night, I made a Japanese yam sushi (no fish, just yams; 100% vegan) bowl with sushi rice, sauteed sesame spinach, spicy pickled cucumbers, vegan lime aioli, and sprinkled with bits of nori and sesame seeds. It was delicious!

[GALLERY=media, 315]Japanese Yam Sushi Bowl by Veggie-based Heathen posted Sep 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM[/GALLERY]

Tonight, I'm going to make buffalo tempeh tacos. :)

Reactions: Veganite
I'm getting home a bit later tonight, so I'm going to be eating a soup and salad for dinner. The soup is coconut curry, with red lentils, and the salad will basically be a Greek salad minus the feta cheese.

Reactions: hopeful
Status
Not open for further replies.