What is your favorite veggie burger?

I actually like homemade veggie burgers the best (black bean is my favorite). For store-bought, I like Amy's black bean burger or Dr. Praeger's varieties, mostly the spicy ones, though they don't hold together well upon cooking.

ETA: The best restaurant veggie burger I ever had was at Steuben's in Denver. Stellar.
I'm not the world's best veg cook- but my library recently had a book called "Wicked Good Burgers" on their "new book" shelf. I borrowed it because it had maybe 3 vegetarian burger recipes; I tried something called the "Beet Burger", the main ingredients of which were white beans, beets, portabella mushroom, and bread crumbs, because they sounded different from anything I'd ever had. They were good! I'm not very big on beets (I like the greens better than the root), but they added texture and a nice red color without making it taste like beet- and with white beans and portabellas in the mix I knew I'd at least find them okay. I copied the recipe I used with notes on how I thought it could be improved the next time I make them.

Thanks! Evidently the problem is with low-fat soy products, which have the oil extracted with hexane.

I'm not the world's best veg cook- but my library recently had a book called "Wicked Good Burgers" on their "new book" shelf. I borrowed it because it had maybe 3 vegetarian burger recipes; I tried something called the "Beet Burger", the main ingredients of which were white beans, beets, portabella mushroom, and bread crumbs, because they sounded different from anything I'd ever had. They were good! I'm not very big on beets (I like the greens better than the root), but they added texture and a nice red color without making it taste like beet- and with white beans and portabellas in the mix I knew I'd at least find them okay. I copied the recipe I used with notes on how I thought it could be improved the next time I make them.

Thanks! Evidently the problem is with low-fat soy products, which have the oil extracted with hexane.
I so wish I liked portabella mushrooms. I just cannot stomach them. The rest of that recipe sounds great, though. I'm sure I could sub something for the mushrooms. And I love beet greens. They are so delicious sautéed in olive oil and garlic and placed on top of spaghetti.

@PTree15 ^^^ Hmmm... mushrooms are kind of expensive, so I might find myself experimenting with the recipe in the near future. If I come up with something without the fungus that tastes good, I'll let you know!

Of the other 2 recipes that book had, one was for a back bean and mushroom burger- I didn't try making that because I didn't think 'shrooms and black beans would work together- but I think the other one was based on garbanzos, although if I recall correctly, it wasn't a take on falafel or hummus.

@PTree15 ^^^ Hmmm... mushrooms are kind of expensive, so I might find myself experimenting with the recipe in the near future. If I come up with something without the fungus that tastes good, I'll let you know!

Of the other 2 recipes that book had, one was for a back bean and mushroom burger- I didn't try making that because I didn't think 'shrooms and black beans would work together- but I think the other one was based on garbanzos, although if I recall correctly, it wasn't a take on falafel or hummus.
Thank you, Tom.

I used to prefer Lick's nature burgers, but they're not available now that the company is going out of business. The next best thing I've found so far is something from Giant Tiger... I can't recall the name of the brand.

Yesterday I had a late birthday lunch at Red Robin, and ordered their mushroom burger, with a veggie burger substitute. It was Gardenburger. It was sooo good! I thought Morningstar was good, but this was amazing! I need to find a copycat recipe for the Gardenburger.

Yesterday I had a late birthday lunch at Red Robin, and ordered their mushroom burger, with a veggie burger substitute. It was Gardenburger. It was sooo good! I thought Morningstar was good, but this was amazing! I need to find a copycat recipe for the Gardenburger.
Copycat Gardenburger Recipe | CDKitchen.com <---- It's got cheese... are you still eating cheese?

I'm not familiar with Gardenburger. I remember getting Burger Kings gardenburger, but I think it was from Morningstar. Hated that one- been years though, I don't even know if they still offer a veggie burger?
I had the Impossible burger and it was amazing! I've been veg for nine years and it"s only been about the last year that I could eat things that resembled meat. This did, but it still didn't have that thing that brings bile up like the last time I tasted the wrong fried rice o_O

I used to make all kinds of veggie/bean burgers but anymore if I'm going to prep and take time I'd rather make something else. I really like Gardien burgers. I also like Aldis chipolte black bean burgers, and when they carry the soy burgers!

I was in Holland & Barrett and these burgers Meat-Free Quarter-Pound Burgers (228g) - were on sale as the best before date was the day I bought them. I bought quite a few packs and froze them. If you bought one for 30p the rest were 15p so very good value!

I thought they were only okay, but my husband really loved them so I will probably buy them again. :)

In Holland (the Netherlands) we have the Dutch Weed burger (no, no, ..... no drugs ..... seaweed)

http://dutchweedburger.com/de-burger/

Rather expensive.

That burger sounds rather strange!:oops::D