Which oils are the best/healthiest?

As @Lou mentioned I use the brine from jarred olives, capers, jalapenos, banana peppers to saute onions, garlic, any other veggies instead of just using water or oil - it adds an amazing taste and I am not sure how much oil, from the olives, would be in the brine but there is enough moisture/fat to make sauteing easy and tasty.
I assume in this way one gets also the nutrients - as a good side effect - that have passed into the water (if there were any at all, I could certainly imagine). I occasionally eat mushrooms out of the jar that also has water in it, so one should probably always use that. Although that doesn't look particularly tasty.

It's the same oil, just without the solid stuff and the water.
The same oil in the avocado oil bottle as in the avocado? But may be with some unwanted ingredients in the oil bottle or changed oil during processing?

I guess the biggest consideration with oil in our diets is the calorie content.
I think if you are an athlete and burn 3000 or more calories a day a little oil is not going to hurt.
Tom Brady makes avocado smoothies that are like 650 calories and over 10 g of fat. The issue that most of us have is that for every gram of fat you eat that is like 2 g of carbs or protein you aren't eating. But that isn't so important when your calorie requirement is so high.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
If you're looking to use a substitute in baked goods, you would use the same amount of applesauce, blended tofu, blended avocado,....as the oil the recipe calls for.

It's up to you how strict you want your diet to be. Consuming oil is unhealthy not just because of the nutrients missing, but in the oil itself.
For my comfort level, I don't obsess over which 'type' is 'best', but just keep in mind it's not good, and keep them to a minimum

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
Thank you! Also for the link. OK, I understand.

I assume that the same that generally applies to bottled oil also completely applies to coconut oil, which is supplied as cubes, i.e. not the liquid, but the solid in a cube of approx. 4 x 4 inches?

OK, in any case it's not wrong to use as little oil as possible.

To my understanding, olive oil is the best as long as it's not exposed to high heat. For high heat, I think peanut oil or avocado oil is best. I've heard seed oils can become the most unhealthy when exposed to high temperatures or microwaving

The important issue is that the oil is not refined. It should be cold-pressed and if you can afford it, organic. I use cold-pressed organic rapeseed for cooking and cold-pressed organic olive oil for salads etc. I buy it in a larger quantity as it works out much more affordable. The Canola that I grew up with in the US was cheap because it was ultra-refined. It is very unhealthy.

Reactions: Stardust1986