Whole Food Hangry Hanger

christen_g

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
  2. Other
Thread for all those on a whole food diet who's biggest hurdle is hunger or eating enough.

Ask questions, talk about the food you eat, how you manage your energy, what sports you do, etc.

Trying to figure out if sweeteners (honey, date syrup, etc) have a place in my life.
A splash on my food doesnt seem to do me any harm and its a great way to add extra calories and hit my sweet tooth, and the instant energy burst is fantastic.

Trying to figure out if sweeteners (honey, date syrup, etc) have a place in my life.
A splash on my food doesnt seem to do me any harm and its a great way to add extra calories and hit my sweet tooth, and the instant energy burst is fantastic.

Honey is not vegan.👍

Reactions: Brian W
I'm a big advocate of Dr Gregers daily dozen way of eating (and books, nutritionfacts.org...)
I do struggle with food, but have adhered to the DD and it did indeed eliminate many ills-airborne allergies, asthma, arthritis-I still stray

One thing that does help me is making snacks bites. Just blend dates, walnuts, cocoa, seeds, and then mix in oats. Chill then roll in balls and keep in fridge

I made date paste by just letting pitted dates soak, then blend. I would keep the jar in the freezer, it was still spoonable

I never felt hungry following this way, once I got in the groove it was even hard to eat enough with all the volume and fiber

For breakfast, I find that a filling meal is oatmeal topped with flaxseed meal, cinnamon, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Plus chopped nuts if I have some. Nuts and seeds are so filling. After I heat it, I stir in maybe 1/4 tsp. of Marmite and a splash of oat milk creamer until I get to the right consistency.

I don't usually have trouble with filling vegan lunches/dinners, but I do also snack in the afternoon and after dinner.

Reactions: Emma JC
Oh man i love nuts. Especially nut butter. Im trying to lower my nut intake to lean up. But im just forever hungry if i cut them down hard. Maybe thats just what it feels like to lose weight tho..