XBox 360 - What do I need to know?

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
We've finally decided to get our son an Xbox.

I can just go to the store and pick one up, but is there anything I should know? For example, I understand it only comes with one controller, so I'll have to purchase a second one seperately, but is there anything else in the fine print?

Are they prone to certain issues? Do you need a special connection/connector, etc, etc.

Anything you can tell me about it would be great.

Thanks!

LOL the dreaded red ring of death! That is what killed the xbox 360 we had although my geek husband was able to fix it the FIRST time it happened. The second time, he wasn't around and I didn't feel like dealing with it. But that malady should only occur after years of use. My son bought the 360 when it first came out and it gave him and the kids lots of enjoyment over several years.

LOL the dreaded red ring of death! That is what killed the xbox 360 we had although my geek husband was able to fix it the FIRST time it happened. The second time, he wasn't around and I didn't feel like dealing with it. But that malady should only occur after years of use. My son bought the 360 when it first came out and it gave him and the kids lots of enjoyment over several years.
Lol, I just wanted to post the red ring of death. ;) I know they have great games and online play, etc. :)

If you're gonna let him play online, use a wired connection.

Unfortuntely, the internet connection is upstairs and the TV is downstars. I tried running a wired connection once, but it's a real pain. I really have to rely on wireless.

Get him Portal 2.

That sounds like a neat game!

Unfortuntely, the internet connection is upstairs and the TV is downstars. I tried running a wired connection once, but it's a real pain. I really have to rely on wireless.

That sounds like a neat game!

It is! That's the only reason (originally) I bought the Xbox.

If you're gonna let him play online, use a wired connection.
I only use mine wireless and it works fine streaming movies and for my daughter's online minecraft stuff. Is it particularly problematic with other games?