18+ yay or nay?

Should the rules exclude minors from signing up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it possible to make a forum that is the only one visible to the 13-18yr olds but also visible to everyone else?

I know this is a silly question but how do I see that Sexuality board thing? Do you need a certain number of posts?

Under Forums, there's a sexuality sub-forum near the bottom of the list. Click there, and you'll be asked a question about nsfw permission.

Under Forums, there's a sexuality sub-forum near the bottom of the list. Click there, and you'll be asked a question about nsfw permission.

Is that forums that listed at the top, under the VeggieViews logo? Because that doesn't show anything like that for me.

I did that. It doesnt ask me any question. Perhaps i dont have enough posts yet.

Minors are going to join regardless. There are plenty of 18+ sites that have mostly 13-18 year old members. Like previously pointed out, we've already have a member break the 18+ rule.

Yes, under Health and the human body. No Sexuality? :confused: Maybe you should log out and log back in.

Yes, under Health and the human body. No Sexuality? :confused: Maybe you should log out and log back in.

Oh, right. Yeah, it's shows up on the main page but when I click on it it says I have insuffient something or other to post there. I don't remember exactly what it said. Is it like that for everyone right now, or are people already posting threads there?

ETA: just looked again and it tells me, "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

Maybe a pm to Karl would fix it. Don't worry, it's just getting warmed up in there! :p

Oh, right. Yeah, it's shows up on the main page but when I click on it it says I have insuffient something or other to post there. I don't remember exactly what it said. Is it like that for everyone right now, or are people already posting threads there?

ETA: just looked again and it tells me, "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

click the arrow next to your user name at the top of the page, go into "join usergroups," and join the nsfw group.

That's how I did it.

I agree with the people that would want an adult section but don't mind young people joining up.

I'm happy to have young people join (I think legally you gotta be 13 to join a forum anyway so noone will be THAT young). I'm also happy for censors to come in place. I don't personally go on the internet at work however I wouldnt want me saying fuckitybollocks stop someone else from being able to do so. It would also make sense if the 18+ section could only be accessed after PMing a moderator or something, to stop the younguns joining. That way, we're all happy.

I'd like it to stay quite relaxed though. for example, the odd dirty joke being allowed on the board as long as it isnt overly explicit (on a certain other forum, i once got a warning for joking about golden showers. i dont like it that strict). Im sure teenagers are used to being exposed a lot worse on tv/film compared to what comes out of my mouth.

I'd be happy to have an "adults only" section, and let teens in. It can be hard being a teen who has adopted a different lifestyle from friends and family, and may need support from online communities the most.