2012 Veggie Awards

I wrote-in VeggieViews for website, and Erykah Badu for celebrity.

"Free pussy riot!" :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sorry, I had a disconnect.

:( There were so many catagories I had to leave blank! I really should travel, and have money!
I wrote Trader Joes for tofu, hair care, and soy ice cream.

I did vote veggieviews for website!

Has Russell Simmons denounced the use of leather?

Yeesh, I filled it out but I had to leave uhm....most of them blank, it seems.
And even on the ones that I did fill out, I'd only tried maybe one or two of the things. I've never eaten at a veg restaurant/bakery so I couldn't answer those.
I wrote in VV for the website, but didn't this used to have a "favorite veg forum" type question? Because I remember people were always saying to answer TheOtherBoard for when those questions came up; or were they a write-in as well?

Sent in mine. I recommended VV for the website, and did a little blurb about it at the end of the survey.

What was hardest for me was trying to choose which vegan candy brand was best. :cry:

Yeesh, I filled it out but I had to leave uhm....most of them blank, it seems.
And even on the ones that I did fill out, I'd only tried maybe one or two of the things. I've never eaten at a veg restaurant/bakery so I couldn't answer those.
That is exactly the problem with these award. Too many categories.

I wrote in VV for the website, but didn't this used to have a "favorite veg forum" type question? Because I remember people were always saying to answer TheOtherBoard for when those questions came up; or were they a write-in as well?
Yes, but I'm sure they had to change it after happycow won the best veg forum category one year, since their forum has (well, had at the time) around 12 members, and it just looked silly. People just saw happycow as one of the options and voted for them since they were the only one the had heard about (though probably not in their veg forum capacity).

Thanks to everyone who has voted for us though!

Done, though I didn't know how to answer many of the questions!

I'm rural veg*n so I have no experience with any of the restaurants/bakeries/etc. that they asked about.

Of course I wrote in VeggieViews for favorite website. :)

Bumping this to update and reveal the winners:vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=5212&catId=7

I'm not surprised by most of the results except a few. Amy's Kitchen got second place for Favorite Veg Meat which I wasn't expecting. I would assume Tofurky would've grabbed that spot. I wouldn't even really consider Amy's to be in the "Meat" category. Sure they produce veggie burgers but the majority of their product line frozen meals. It really shocks me that Tofurky didn't get an award.

Glad to see Isa get #1 for Favorite Veg Cookbook Author. A bit surprised about Alicia Silverstone getting second place for Favorite Celebrity after the whole shrimp/cheese eating fiasco. Of course the fact that I find her damn annoying also makes me a bit biased towards her. (Why can't others see how obnoxious she is?)

And finally there's Favorite Veggie Site. Veggieviews should've had that third place!! ChooseVeg.com??? o_OReally? I had no idea it was that popular...or popular at all.

Bumping this to update and reveal the winners:vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=5212&catId=7

I'm not surprised by most of the results except a few. Amy's Kitchen got second place for Favorite Veg Meat which I wasn't expecting. I would assume Tofurky would've grabbed that spot. I wouldn't even really consider Amy's to be in the "Meat" category. Sure they produce veggie burgers but the majority of their product line frozen meals. It really shocks me that Tofurky didn't get an award.

Glad to see Isa get #1 for Favorite Veg Cookbook Author. A bit surprised about Alicia Silverstone getting second place for Favorite Celebrity after the whole shrimp/cheese eating fiasco. Of course the fact that I find her damn annoying also makes me a bit biased towards her. (Why can't others see how obnoxious she is?)

And finally there's Favorite Veggie Site. Veggieviews should've had that third place!! ChooseVeg.com??? o_OReally? I had no idea it was that popular...or popular at all.

Not the Gold award ?;)

I suspect we need to become something more than a message board if we want to climb to the top. HappyCow has their restaurant directory. We need to have something else as useful, or our own directory needs to become equally useful and popular.