"As Seen on TV" products

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Has anyone ever bought any of those "As Seen on TV" products?

I have, and in my opinion, they're not worth the money. They tend to be shoddily made and either don't work at all, or they work poorly, or they work okay at first and then crap out or break. I've had to return at least one of them to the store.

I'm curious if anyone has had a different, more positive experience with any of those products.

The only one I've heard of that actually worked well was the microwave spaghetti maker. The people I know who got those love them. The original ones, not the cheap dollar store imitations.

Yes, a couple of times - a few weeks ago, I bought this for Pixel:

91oxcR%2BxrcL._SL1500_.jpg

It's supposed to give her somewhere to claw at and rub against, as well as collecting any fur that she's shed in the bristles. She loves it, so I don't consider that a waste of money at all.

Although I will agree with you that the majority of these products are awful. Even this one was a little overpriced for what it actually is, but at least she likes it :p

I might be confusing regular infomercials with as seen on TV but I bought the magic bullet from a TV ad and I love it...use it all the time. Bought a replacement parts then when the motor died bought another one.

I also liked a cat toy that I bought for the kitties...they liked it too but it didn't hold up. Broke after about a month.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436174486.723857.jpg

I bought another one and that one didn't work right from the start.

I'm sure I was suckered into buying more gadgets at some point...just can't remember what they were.

Yes, a couple of times - a few weeks ago, I bought this for Pixel:

91oxcR%2BxrcL._SL1500_.jpg

It's supposed to give her somewhere to claw at and rub against, as well as collecting any fur that she's shed in the bristles. She loves it, so I don't consider that a waste of money at all.

Although I will agree with you that the majority of these products are awful. Even this one was a little overpriced for what it actually is, but at least she likes it :p

I got a similar one for my cats several years ago. It had a different, cheaper, carpeted base, and the bristle thing wouldn't stand up in the base and was so flimsy that the bristles started breaking and coming out. The cats didn't really use it, maybe Sabrina every so often. Then one of the cats threw up on the base, and even though I cleaned it up, the cats just completely ignored it after that. I eventually had to throw out the whole thing.

I might be confusing regular infomercials with as seen on TV but I bought the magic bullet from a TV ad and I love it...use it all the time. Bought a replacement parts then when the motor died bought another one.

I also liked a cat toy that I bought for the kitties...they liked it too but it didn't hold up. Broke after about a month.

View attachment 7206

I bought another one and that one didn't work right from the start.

I'm sure I was suckered into buying more gadgets at some point...just can't remember what they were.
I have that Cat's Meow toy. One of my friends bought it for me, though, because she loves my cat. She used to take care of him whenever I went on vacation back when I lived in Philly. It still works, but he's not as into it as he used to be.

I got a similar one for my cats several years ago. It had a different, cheaper, carpeted base, and the bristle thing wouldn't stand up in the base and was so flimsy that the bristles started breaking and coming out. The cats didn't really use it, maybe Sabrina every so often. Then one of the cats threw up on the base, and even though I cleaned it up, the cats just completely ignored it after that. I eventually had to throw out the whole thing.

It's hard to tell, but the base on that one is carpet. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world, but it holds up against Pixel's constant headbutting, rubbing, and scratching ;)