Captain's Log

By the way I can't even view threads in the Sexuality forum. Since I am 49 years of age I hope that I am old enough to view that forum. Did I forget to check a box or something?

By the way I can't even view threads in the Sexuality forum. Since I am 49 years of age I hope that I am old enough to view that forum. Did I forget to check a box or something?
Yes, you have to join a usergroup called "Not safe for work". Click on your username in the top-right corner of the window, and select "Join usergroups".

Installed a wiki! (Link from the top menu.) I'll give you write-permissions once I've created an index / front page.

Edit: Done, and permissions set so all members can edit it.

Reactions: schmencer
Installed an add-on which makes it possible to limit what sort of signatures are allowed. I've currently set it so that images and videos are not allowed, only 3 hyperlinks and 1 email address. Other BBCode is still allowed.

Today I've installed an add-on that restricts which usergroup can post a visible URL. If a non-privileged user attempts to post a URL, it's starred out, but once they're in the right usergroup, they can post URLs and any URL they had previously posted becomes visible.

I've set it up so that everyone but newbies can post URLs. (This is obviously a spam-preventing measure.)

Just upgraded the Tapatalk add-on. Here are the "changelog" notes from the developers:
Version 1.2.0 release

Update Note:
1. Add prefix support in xenforo
2. Add Push support for xenforo
3. Add @ tag function for push and alert feature.
4. Fix likes info not showing problem.
5. Fix xenforo goto first unread feature.
6. Fix reply number not showing correct issue.

Instruction for @ tag function:
You can mention someone when you are posting by add text with " @username " format(There should be no character directly before @).
Example:
There are some words in A's post:"I did remember @B , he is a good guy!"
The B will get an alert showing: "A mentioned you in thread '....' ", if you enabled push notification in app, you will also get a push data like this.
http://support.tapatalk.com/threads...ugin-release-announcement-and-changelog.5533/

No idea about this @ tag function, but it sounds cool!

Installed yet another upgrade of the Tapatalk add-on:
Version 1.2.1 release

Update Note:
1.Support some bbcodes PHP/CODE/HTML/LIST.
2.Optimize push efficiency and improve the compatibility with other MODs.
3.Show short content without quote content.
4.Improve reply conversation feature.
5.Fix wrong unread status when the latest post of a thread is posted by the user himself.
6.Fix leave ignore future conversation not work issue.
7.Fix subscribed topics number not showing correct issue.
8.Fix like push notification switch not work issue.
9.Fix error thrown when sending push issue.

Instruction for @ tag function:
We support more on this function now, you can mention everyone you want for example 'Jack',
@Jack or @#Jack# These kinds of format are useful, but please keep in mind, there should be no other words except blank before @.
What's more, if there is a blank in the name you want to mention, your can say @#Jack Scott#, @#someone# is a general format.
Are you reading this, @#Pickle Juice# ? :)

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I've just made the Dark styles wider like the other styles. I think it's more practical, and besides, the top menu bar was getting very crowded.

Just installed a simple add-on that lets us easily find threads that haven't had any replies. There is now another option under Forums in the top menu called "Unanswered Threads". (This is right next to "What's New?")