Chips/Fries more Dangerous than Plonk ?

Yikes! But I'm confused about the whole temperature thing. Frying gets them to a higher temp than baking? And what about boiling...is that safe?

Yikes! But I'm confused about the whole temperature thing. Frying gets them to a higher temp than baking? And what about boiling...is that safe?

Boiling is safe. I think that the article meant that a high temperature when cooking oil leads to a nasty compound.

I don't care. I'll still eat my fries regularly.

Also, I've notices that Care2 has been posting some articles that are scientifically dubious lately. Either leaving out information (like it's ok to heat some oils, not others); or downright incorrect.

Fries are a major food group for me :D
I have tried baking them on occasion, but they aren't as good. I don't consider them fries, just baked potato wedges or something.
I try to limit them to a couple of times a month, but if I had my way, and they had zero calories, I'd eat them every day.

I don't care. I'll still eat my fries regularly.

Also, I've notices that Care2 has been posting some articles that are scientifically dubious lately. Either leaving out information (like it's ok to heat some oils, not others); or downright incorrect.

The articles are posted on Care2 by members of the site who are not necessarily experts in the subjects they write about, or who link to articles from other sites written by others without doing any fact-checking. This is one of the downsides of the internet, unfortunately. Pretty much anyone can write anything and readers will take it at face value, assuming the writer knows what they're writing about.