Dad back in the hospital

MrsSchu2u

Forum Legend
Reaction score
We (my parents, my brother and his husband, and my family) are all supposed to be vacationing together starting Sunday. My relationship with my dad is stressed and complicated enough under ideal circumstances. I feel awful for my mom. I spent all day down there today, but then I feel bad when I get mad at him when he is so sick. Ugh... this is a little rambly.

:hug: So sorry. I hope he recovers quickly.

Thanks. It's such a mess of emotions to wrap my head around each time it happens.

I'm sorry. I don't think it's an easier to deal with the illness of a parent with whom one has a difficult relationship than to deal with the illness of one with whom one has a good relationship. :hug:

((((((hug)))))) hope you and your dad are feeling better.

Home today. Frustrated at the beginning of this cycle, which mom and I are all too familiar with. Thanks for all of the kind words.

I'm sorry, MrsSchu, I understand, too. And it really is normal and okay to feel angry at and about a sick parent. They're supposed to be the strong ones, from when you were a kid.

And he's back in today. I'm very tearful and angry. I'm even mad at myself for being right about the 7/3 episode being just the beginning again.

Thanks. For the first time today he verbalized that he knows he might be better off without his foot.