December Health Challenge (2016)

Today was a weights/toning day. I did two planks that lasted over a minute. I was very happy with the time because I hadn't done planks in a while. I also did squats and lunges with weights and a good bit of core work with crunches.

Reactions: Naturebound1
I can't do anything until I feel better.
:cry:

Sorry to hear you're not well, KLS :(

So running with sucky shoes has kind of caught up with me. I've lost three toenails so far, as well as having toes that are rather blistered and inflamed.. Ugh... So I finally ordered a pair of good shoes.. I'm really looking forward to running with less pain, that's for sure! These are nice, lots of cushioning and they let the foot lie relaxed rather than being confined and squished in the toe box.

Altra Men’s Paradigm 2.0 | Men | Altrarunning.com

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
That so stinks, KLS.
It really does because walking is the only thing I can do, anyway, and I'm already not walking as much as I was since the weather turned cold. :(

Thanks, Jeremy. :)

I hope you will be able to resume your walking soon, KLS. Are you feeling any better?

Today I did the 5k walk at work. It was finally warm enough for me (30 degrees F), and we even got a few flurries while walking. :) Yesterday, I did another video. Good week exercise-wise, which is a good thing, because food-wise? Not so good, hahaha.

Reactions: KLS52
Goal met and then a bit :) Calorie budget increased to 2,075, my god I don't know what I'm going to do with myself... Have some ice cream I guess?

IMG_1252.jpeg

Reactions: Chryssie
While Jeremy has reached his goal, I have gained almost 2 pounds! But I expected it as I have been eating horribly for a couple of weeks! Holidays are now over and I will get back on track. But on a positive note... what a difference a year makes!

Mary and Jer xmas 2-15.JPG

Mary and Jeremy sml.JPG

I lost three pounds without trying. I guess I get a bonus for being sick and pretty much missing Christmas.

While Jeremy has reached his goal, I have gained almost 2 pounds! But I expected it as I have been eating horribly for a couple of weeks! Holidays are now over and I will get back on track. But on a positive note... what a difference a year makes!

View attachment 10628

View attachment 10629
You guys look amazing. Seriously amazing. You should be so proud. I know how hard it is. Chryssie, don't let the 2 pound gain get you down. That's not bad at all considering the holidays. You look wonderful! You both do. :)

My friend at work and I did an extra long walk today. It felt really good. We did about 4 miles. It was nice and warm this morning, in the 50s! We even went inside one of the buildings and climbed a bunch of stairs. :) It felt really good after a weekend of indulgence and very little exercise. :D

Reactions: Freesia
Wow Chryssie and Jeremy! I'm using you two as my inspirition!
I did a good 20 minute resistence band chair workout just now. My ankles thanked me!
The nut rolls are gone but I've got a pot of nooch and mac that I can't stop at one serving. I do think I should just cut out pasta and most bread

View attachment 10628

View attachment 10629

What really boggles my mind more so than the 1 year comparison is looking back at April this year (I think I weighed more then than last Christmas)...

Meeting up with Suicideblonde for a few beers middle of April, 2016... Yikes!

saintsomewheregroup2.jpeg

We have stopped using pasta and gone to using spiralized zucchini as a substitute. It is really great! We also found a low calorie bread, Nature's Own Lite, which has only 40 calories per slice.
My mom got me a recipe book for spiralized veggies. I just need to get the spiralizer, haha, but the recipes look great.

My mom got me a recipe book for spiralized veggies. I just need to get the spiralizer, haha, but the recipes look great.

Do it!! :D You can get a really cheap "as seen on TV" one or a nicer one..... which is what we did. I think we found it on amazon.com.