Does anyone here eat nuts and avocados?

I am going to guess that most of us eat all of the above sometimes. I do limit them as they are very fatty and I don't do enough exercising to justify eating a lot of them.

Welcome to the forum!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Same for me as what Emma said. It would be very easy for me to overindulge and I’m in a constant battle with my weight. I love avocado toast and I make it even more fattening because I have to add Miyokos butter to the toast and then the avocado lol. Nuts are amazing.

I add walnuts to salads unless I have beans. I love cultured cashew cheese. I don't often eat nuts by themselves as I will overeat them, and I really like them salty. I love roasted salted pistachios!
Avocados make me terribly sick, and besides, I find them nasty
I do like some coconut in some things, like curries

I stopped buying avocados. they are expensive and then they go bad sometimes before I get a chance to use them

I do sometimes buy the little packages of guacamole at Trader joes. they stay in the frig a long time and sometimes guac and chips makes a perfect little snack.

I buy peanut butter, and almond slivers for my salad. I alway keep a jar of peanuts in the pantry. sometimes when I need a snack I grab a handful.

Reactions: KLS52
  • Agree
Reactions: 1956
I am aware that there are some ethical issues concerning the propagation and harvesting of many nuts...
For the moment I am still eating all of them,however,that may change...
When possible I buy organic - and for avocados I think that the organic ones taste So much better!

Reactions: Brian W
I wish we could afford to eat walnuts more often than we do. We eat peanuts, but they are legumes rather than nuts.

Reactions: 1956
I don’t buy avocado often but when I do use them in milkshakes with soya milk cinnamon, bananas and berries, makes a very naughty creamy shake. Only use half otherwise the avodado taste is overwhelming. You can also add cacao powder for a choccyberry shake.
I also eat avocado in the occasional salad chopped up. I like nuts as homemade walnut pate, homemade nut roast with ground almonds and cashews, don’t really like nuts in cake”shudders” cashews and pine nuts and walnuts are good sprinkled on salad. Ooh and like cashew butter and banana on toast!!!