Environmentalist who questions global warming

I think it's something as well. I've also noticed that they add something to the water supply to make the water act differently at different times. Just this month I noticed that if I spilled some tap water on the ground, it doesn't go away, but instead turns into a solid, slick surface. But if I do the same thing in the summer, it disappears in a short amount of time.

This worries me. What are they adding to our water?
I think you could have expressed your point a lot clearer without the sarcasm. Just saying.

I think you could have expressed your point a lot clearer without the sarcasm. Just saying.

Maybe. But at a certain point, with conspiracy theories, due to them being a self-reinforcing belief, sarcasm seems to be more productive.

Conspiracies like chemtrails are the secular equivalent of Russell's infamous teapot. The best that can happen is that I can show that "chemtrails" are indistinguishable from contrails. At which point, that only reinforces the belief that it's a conspiracy, and a rather vast one, since the Illuminati have the power to disperse chemicals into the atmosphere in a way that appears natural.

anyway, pissing around with cloud formation is peanuts to the main weather systems, like the jet streams, and the vast amounts of energy moving from the equatorial area out towards the poles.

well I used to think the world was in a mess because of primal pain. And I still do I suppose, partly.....

Also the rich, and rich corporations control the world's media, by and large.

I think the world is such a mess because human beings are self centered and largely ignorant. Ignorance can take a lot of forms, from questioning nothing to continuing to "question" things in the face of clear scientific or other evidence.

I think the world is such a mess because human beings are self centered and largely ignorant. Ignorance can take a lot of forms, from questioning nothing to continuing to "question" things in the face of clear scientific or other evidence.
A bit of a tangent, but is that an argument against democracy? It sounds like it. Not that there is anything wrong with that! I think saving the environment is clearly the more important task.

A bit of a tangent, but is that an argument against democracy? It sounds like it. Not that there is anything wrong with that! I think saving the environment is clearly the more important task.

I don't think it's an argument for or against any particular form of government; after all, it's not as though the best and the brightest are the ones who rise to power in forms of government other than democracies.

I've simply said it's POSSIBLE.

President Obama being secretly born in Kenya is possible. The Jews secretly running the world is possible. The queen of the United Kingdom being an Ickesian lizard-alien is possible.

But don't be surprised if people stop taking you seriously once you bring any of those topics up. Even though I'm pretty sure that the queen is a lizard-alien. I have proof too - my spellcheck doesn't like the adjective "Ickesian" - obviously this is a sign of the conspiracy to cover up the reptilian origins of the UK's monarchy.

Reactions: Mischief
President Obama being secretly born in Kenya is possible. The Jews secretly running the world is possible. The queen of the United Kingdom being an Ickesian lizard-alien is possible.

You are actually talking like this? Sounds rather dramatic. I think it was a sensible contemplation to be honest, worthy of serious contemplation EVEN if that means that it turns out to be none sense. I don't get the feeling that you actually have all the answers.

You are actually talking like this? Sounds rather dramatic. I think it was a sensible contemplation to be honest, worthy of serious contemplation EVEN if that means that it turns out to be none sense. I don't get the feeling that you actually have all the answers.

Serious comtemplation?

You're talking about anthropological global warming, a position supported in 97% of scientific papers which made a conclusion on that topic.

There are valid questions in regards to anthropological global warming - specifically, the exact degree of warming to be expected, the role of environmental feedback loops, etc. But to question the premise itself is to claim that the vast majority of scientists in this field are unknowingly or knowingly misleading the public - a position that is unsupportable unless you're claiming a vast conspiracy on par with Jews running the world.

Reactions: Mischief
You're talking about anthropological global warming, a position supported in 97% of scientific papers which made a conclusion on that topic.

Must be true then... are you suggesting that we blindly follow? Erm, like 'we' did when we thought the earth was flat... and then one single person was ridiculed when he suggested that it was round.