February Health Challenge (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
Happy February, VV-ers! Most of you know the drill by now: post up your health goals (ANYTHING health-related that you want to achieve, not strictly weight loss), and keep us updated on your progress.

Last month's thread is here.

Hey, everybody! My goals remain mostly the same from January:
5 days of cardio with a couple of sessions of stretching/toning/core work per week;
At least 48 ounces of water a day;
Continue to limit white carbs (until I get rid of the last couple of pounds :D ) and refined/added sugar;
Get more sleep, at least 7 hours a night.

February has gotten off to a good start. I've exercised three days this week and managed 7 1/2 hours of sleep last night. Happy, happy. I hope everyone has a great month health-wise!

Reactions: AeryFairy
Nice one, PTree! You seem to be doing really well with your goals :)

My February goals basically involve cramming as much roller derby in as possible. I had a great session on Monday, right up until the last 10 seconds of laps - they yelled a ten second warning, and the girl behind me sped up, lost control, fell over, took my legs out, and dragged me down with her. We ended up in a giggling heap on the floor (despite my bumped head). My neck has been super sore since, though, so I'm taking care of it.

To add insult to injury, if I hadn't gotten knocked over, I would have beaten my personal laps record :p

Argh, that stinks about the crash, but good that you were able to laugh about it and weren't too seriously injured, AF. :)
Re: Goals ... I do feel as if I'm back on track. I sort of went off the rails food-wise through the holidays, which I really hadn't done in a couple of years. I'm glad I'm out of that mode. It helps that I have a work colleague who is also aiming to get healthier, so we are keeping each other honest with regard to the food choices. :D

I am trying to have a green smoothie daily. I keep saying this but it keeps falling by the wayside!

I have decided to have one every morning before I eat anything else so I will be forced to have it as I will be hungry. Today is bananas, apples and kale, it's the only way I will eat kale.:p

Mmmm, kale. I love it in soup. :)

I slept in this morning on account of staying up really late after the Super Bowl, lol. I did walk over the weekend, though, so that was good. :)

I slept in this morning on account of staying up really late after the Super Bowl, lol. I did walk over the weekend, though, so that was good. :)

Same :p But I still dragged my butt to roller derby, even though I was a tad hungover and Storm Imogen was in full swing (although apparently Manchester missed the worst of it). I was glad I went, too - I don't feel so bad about all the nachos and cookies I ate last night, and the adrenaline really helped me feel better physically.

I'm now aiming to do some stuff off my skates a few times a week to help improve my skating - squats, crunches, and balancing exercises to start with.

Reactions: PTree15
That is awesome, AF, that you got up and went anyway. :) I also was dissuaded by the weather. I could have worked out at home had I gotten up early enough, though. Tomorrow is another day. :)

Mmmm, kale. I love it in soup. :)

I couldn't stand kale at first but then I went through a stage where I kept making kale chips, but then I ate it too much and I went off it again. Luckily you can't taste it in a smoothie! I remembered to put the frozen berries in a bowl in the fridge last night so today I'm having a smoothie with kale, banana, blackberries, blackcurrants, strawberries and redcurrants.

Reactions: KLS52
I love the vegan cheese kale chips you buy in the store, but they are crazy expensive so I only had them twice. They are so good, though.

Now I'm craving kale chips!

Last edited:
I love the vegan cheese kale chips you buy in the store, but they are crazy expensive so I only had them twice. They are so good, though.
I must try these. :D
I did an abbreviated workout on account of having to clear off two more inches of snow off my car. Plus, traffic was a little slow, as the roads were slick. I still managed 30 minutes on the treadmill and climbed 1,173 feet because I upped the incline a bit. :) Decent workout considering its brevity.

I need to work out. My rear end has grown quite a bit. I need to stop snacking in place of cigarettes.

My health goals are to:
- Consistently drink 3 L of water daily and some green tea,
- Maintain a high level of fruit and veges intake,
- Very very rarely touch fast foods or greasy meals,
- Experiment with different healthy foods,
- Vary my diet more, and
- Continue cleansing my system
Haha too much but I hope I will see some progress

My sister and friend are visiting and we all went to my gym at my apartment complex and I did 50 minutes on the treadmill plus some toning and stretching. Fabulous workout. :D

Today I did some improvisation dancing in the studio at my fitness center. I love early Sunday mornings there because it is so quiet and I can really let go and get creative and expressive. I felt inspired because the night before I was reading an autobiography by Patrick Swayze when he was alive, and I watched some of the movies he danced in on YouTube late into the night. One of my favorites was "One Last Dance". The dancing in that movie is breathtakingly beautiful and intimate. His wife dances in that movie also and is very good.

So today while I was dancing I saw my arms in the mirror and I like that they are slender but muscular and graceful. I still have a little bit of ballet look left in my middle age.

Status
Not open for further replies.