Feedback wanted on the forum structure!

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
At the moment the forum structure is very much in a "beta" stage, so things are likely to change a bit.

Which additional forums would you like to see? What changes to the current setup would you suggest?

Reactions: ledboots
Is it a vegan or vegetarian board? Vegan is mentioned in the High Culture subset description, but vegetarian isn't mentioned anywhere. Not that I'm complaining if it is all vegan :D

I'd like to see a Book forum to go with the TV & Music ones, can't think of anything else at the moment. It looks good Karl, nice work.

Thanks for the input! My idea is that it's a board for vegetarians of all flavours, but since veganism is more special and often more all-encompassing, I thought they could perhaps do with a forum of their own. But if someone requests a vegetarian forum as well, I will definitely consider it!

I added a literature forum, thanks for that! I've been so overwhelmed with stuff lately that the existence of literature has apparently gone completely off my radar!

I think a vegetarian section would be good, too. It could attract more people, especially if they are new at the whole thing.

Reactions: Veggiemama
I love the overall forum setup and navigation, the 'notifications' are similar to Facebook so it's very user friendly.

I want to know how to turn the e-mail notifications off! I thought I changed the setting under my Preferences, but I keep getting e-mailed whenever someone posts in a thread I participated in, annoying!

I love the overall forum setup and navigation, the 'notifications' are similar to Facebook so it's very user friendly.

Yeah, I love it too. It feels like we're finally in the 21st century!
I want to know how to turn the e-mail notifications off! I thought I changed the setting under my Preferences, but I keep getting e-mailed whenever someone posts in a thread I participated in, annoying!
I guess the preference only applies to new threads you post in from now on. You may have to go into each of the threads you had posted in and click the "unwatch thread" link in the top right area near the thread title. I'll let you know if I find an easier way.

It doesn't seem like there is one, so I'd like to request the ability to increase the number of posts displayed per page.

It doesn't seem like there is one, so I'd like to request the ability to increase the number of posts displayed per page.
Good one. Yeah, that doesn't seem like it's possible, unfortunately. I suppose the best we can do is to discuss how many posts we want to see per page, and then I can change the value for everyone. It's currently 10 posts per page.

I like that our post count is not shown next to posts (I assume one can look at someone's profile for their post count if needed).

Seems like less of a competition that way.

I like 20-30 posts per page.

I like that our post count is not shown next to posts (I assume one can look at someone's profile for their post count if needed).

Seems like less of a competition that way.

I agree, please don't change that Karl! There's a lot of that on VB and it's pretty strange.

Good one. Yeah, that doesn't seem like it's possible, unfortunately. I suppose the best we can do is to discuss how many posts we want to see per page, and then I can change the value for everyone. It's currently 10 posts per page.

At the other forum, I had mine set anywhere from 20-40 or so.

I like about 20 but can deal with 10. More posts per page = less pages to load (but I am on a fast connection so more posts don't take noticeably longer).

Also, is there a multi-quote I'm not seeing? I can hit reply to multiple posts on a page and have them show up in the box at the bottom but if I go to the next page I have to copy/paste what's in the box to keep the quoted posts there.

I do want to say I am really liking the forum so far, even though it is still small. Has the community feel that VB had back when I was enjoying it most. :D

I like about 20 but can deal with 10. More posts per page = less pages to load (but I am on a fast connection so more posts don't take noticeably longer).
I kinda like 10 myself, but suppose I could be persuaded to set it to 20. Someone should start a poll on this ...

Also, is there a multi-quote I'm not seeing? I can hit reply to multiple posts on a page and have them show up in the box at the bottom but if I go to the next page I have to copy/paste what's in the box to keep the quoted posts there.
Kier, the main developer of this software said back in 2010 that he was planning to implement multi-quote across multiple pages, but it hasn't happened yet, unfortunately. I see many people requesting it on their site though, so there is hope that it will come in a future version.

I do want to say I am really liking the forum so far, even though it is still small. Has the community feel that VB had back when I was enjoying it most. :D
Glad to hear that! Thanks :)

I hope we don't go above 20, just because I don't have a very fast connection (satellite internet - one of the few drawbacks of living out in the country).
I actually don't know if it would be a noticeable loading time change, though, as I never changed it above 10 on VB.