Hi! I am thrilled to be here

Sosarah

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I decided Jan 2nd of this year to try something different to try to lose weight…so I started Weight Watchers. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with how it works, but fruits and veggies are 0 point foods, so I was eating a ton of fruits and veggies to stay full!! I started watching some food documentaries and decided on Jan 12th a whole food plant based diet was the way to go for me. At this point I was doing this strictly for selfish reasons. I wanted to feel better, but the more research I did, the more documentaries I watched, the more horror my eyes saw, the more I wanted to save all the animals too. Each day, it seems my love for every creature grows more and more.

A little background on me. I am married with 4 adult children. My husband and I love hiking and traveling. I love to cook and take photos. My kitten is my work from home buddy. I love house plants. I have dealt with Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety and OCD since 1999. I am a US Armed Forces Veteran.

Something I have recently been thinking on…I have changed my nutrition to plant-based in order to try to extend my life, which is kind of ironic because I have tried to end my life several times and failed.

How can the things in my life change so much? Well one, lots of work on my part, lots of listening to my psychiatrist and therapists, putting in the work on myself, and getting moving. I’m glad things have changed so much to make me want to try to live to be a centenarian! What’s even crazier is that the longer I have been on this plant based lifestyle the better I feel. I feel like I have hit the lottery!

I know there is no guarantee that I will live that long, I could get hit by a car tomorrow, but I will do everything in my power to try to keep my body as healthy as possible to make it able to carry on as long as God has in his plan. If God wants me to live that long, I would rather do it healthy, happy and pain free!

A lot of random thoughts, but as you will see when you see me post, my thoughts are very random and squirrelly, mostly bouncing around from subject to subject. I try to make sense but sometimes it might make sense to me, but not to you, so just ask and I will clarify. I am happy to be here and can’t wait to get to know you all.

welcome to the forum @Sosarah we are happy to have you here with us

I love quirky "all over the place" posts so keep it up.

Good on you for taking your health and mental well-being into your own hands, the best place they can be.

I/we also approached from a health perspective and now the other two pillars (animals, environment) are equally important.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Maybe random thoughts , as you say ,but honest thoughts put into words .
Welcome 🙏
Thank you
welcome to the forum @Sosarah we are happy to have you here with us

I love quirky "all over the place" posts so keep it up.

Good on you for taking your health and mental well-being into your own hands, the best place they can be.

I/we also approached from a health perspective and now the other two pillars (animals, environment) are equally important.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
thanks so much!

Reactions: Emma JC