Feedback wanted on the forum structure!

I've just renamed some forums in order to make it easier for people to find us through search engines:
Veganism -> The Vegan Forum
Vegetarianism -> The Vegetarian Forum
Environmentalism -> The Environment Protection Forum

Eh, I'm still thinking about what to do with AR. It sure seems like it should have its own forum.

Animals will never have "rights". Idiots will always interpret this as something like "the right to vote" and immediately dismiss you as a quack. That's why I don't use that term. Animal protection, animal compassion or animal liberties would be more fitting.

I disagree. Certain species of animal (higher primates) already do have limited rights as we understand the term, in that they aren't used for testing as other species are. Farm animals were recognised as sentient in 2003, and I was recently forwarded an article about farm animal consciousness under scientific study. I don't think it's at all correct to say animals will never have rights. Even humans don't have the same rights as others. Children and prisoners cannot vote.

To me, it's bizarre not to use a term because some people misunderstand it or make fun of it. I will use it, correct people when they get it wrong, and try to present it in the best light possible. Just like all of us do when we say "I'm a vegetarian".

So would anyone object if I renamed the Animal Activism and Advocacy forum to Animal Rights and Activism? Or something like that?

If I was looking for a place to discuss AR I would put "animal rights forum" or "animal rights discussion" into google, if that helps in your decision.

I.S., I wouldn't mind any of those, suggestions. But is it possible to use other words as hidden html tags?

When you paste stuff from other websites it carries the formatting here and it looks weird because it doesn't match the rest of your post. Is there an option to change that?

When you paste stuff from other websites it carries the formatting here and it looks weird because it doesn't match the rest of your post. Is there an option to change that?

Ctrl+shift+v or right click and paste as plain text instead of normal pasting will get rid of the formatting. :)
Edit: that's using Chrome. I don't know if it's the same for other browsers.

Reactions: Second Summer
Ctrl+shift+v or right click and paste as plain text instead of normal pasting will get rid of the formatting. :)
Edit: that's using Chrome. I don't know if it's the same for other browsers.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that, thanks! I usually click the "AA" icon in the top right of the editor before I paste to turn off the rich text stuff.

Can we have it?
If youre backreading and reply to a few people on seperate pages it usually results in triple etc posts.
I know you can copy and paste but its annoying.

Reactions: thefadedone
Can we have it?
If youre backreading and reply to a few people on seperate pages it usually results in triple etc posts.
I know you can copy and paste but its annoying.

Ah, yeah - the muti-quote function only seems to work on one page, as soon as you change pages you have to copy-paste. I agree that it would be a useful feature, but I don't know how viable it is on this forum software... Karl?

Ah, yeah - the muti-quote function only seems to work on one page, as soon as you change pages you have to copy-paste. I agree that it would be a useful feature, but I don't know how viable it is on this forum software... Karl?
It's a feature that many users of this board software have asked for, but not sure we will get it anytime soon. It's not something I can fix myself, but sometimes I'm able to find add-ons that solve such problems.

Reactions: thefadedone
The Ethics & AR forum is in a really weird place, right at the bottom of the board in a sub-sub forum. It feels to me that it should be where Animal Friends, Animal Advocacy etc. is or even underneath the Vegetarian & Vegan sections.

^^Yeah, I think it needs to be higher up/in a more prominent place.

Still consider putting animal rights/welfare/ethics in the animal section?
The Ethics & AR forum is in a really weird place, right at the bottom of the board in a sub-sub forum. It feels to me that it should be where Animal Friends, Animal Advocacy etc. is or even underneath the Vegetarian & Vegan sections.
^^Yeah, I think it needs to be higher up/in a more prominent place.
Okay, I've finally done it! Sorry it took me so long. I was just so much in love with my idea of having it together with the other philosophy discussions (although I could see it no longer worked ....). If a super-mod reads this, please feel free to move the existing AR discussions in the Philosophy forum to the new AR Discussion forum.