Foods that boost metabolism?

Jinendra Singh

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Has anyone tried supplementing a healthy diet with things like cacao or matcha that supposedly boost your metabolism? Obviously, it doesn't replace a healthy diet and exercise but has you noticed any positive results from foods like this?

I have in the past and then removed them abruptly. I experienced withdrawal symptoms like major shaking. Same thing with cinnamon. I've placed these foods in my food stimulant pile which made me see that I was deficient in certain Vitamins.

For instance. Cinnamon contains a molecule called sodium benzoate that has a similar molecular structure as nicotine and Vitamin B3. Therefore these molecules stimulate the similar receptors however I believe they aren't broken down in a similar way and function in the same way since the stimulants cause withdrawal symptoms. The body needs Vitamin B3 and not these stimulates from bark and leaves.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/08/11/many-names-and-faces-vitamin-b3-11677

Last edited:
Metabolism-boosting foods really only offer a temporary boost. Cacao and matcha contain caffeine, so that's basically what you're getting from them is the effects of caffeine in your system.

I personally try to limit caffeine as it has nasty side-effects if you consume too much. (Google caffeine side-effects and you'll get a long list of issues.)

The best way to increase your metabolism is through exercise - specifically strength training and stuff like HIIT. Strength training, in particular, builds muscle which in turn requires more energy to maintain and thus your metabolism gets a permanent boost from it (as long as you work to consistently maintain your muscle mass.)

Metabolism-boosting foods really only offer a temporary boost. Cacao and matcha contain caffeine, so that's basically what you're getting from them is the effects of caffeine in your system.

I personally try to limit caffeine as it has nasty side-effects if you consume too much. (Google caffeine side-effects and you'll get a long list of issues.)

The best way to increase your metabolism is through exercise - specifically strength training and stuff like HIIT. Strength training, in particular, builds muscle which in turn requires more energy to maintain and thus your metabolism gets a permanent boost from it (as long as you work to consistently maintain your muscle mass.)
i agree with you strength training really helps a lot in our all body growth it helps in maintaining body formation and improve internal body function. I think exercising for 30 minutes a day can bring lots of changes. So fitness must be required with proper diet.