Advertisement

Foods that boost metabolism?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Jinendra Singh, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Jinendra Singh
    Balanced

Jinendra Singh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Has anyone tried supplementing a healthy diet with things like cacao or matcha that supposedly boost your metabolism? Obviously, it doesn't replace a healthy diet and exercise but has you noticed any positive results from foods like this?

2. Consistency
    No Mood

Consistency Active Member Banned

Ratings:
    +20 / 4 / -3
    I have in the past and then removed them abruptly. I experienced withdrawal symptoms like major shaking. Same thing with cinnamon. I've placed these foods in my food stimulant pile which made me see that I was deficient in certain Vitamins.

For instance. Cinnamon contains a molecule called sodium benzoate that has a similar molecular structure as nicotine and Vitamin B3. Therefore these molecules stimulate the similar receptors however I believe they aren't broken down in a similar way and function in the same way since the stimulants cause withdrawal symptoms. The body needs Vitamin B3 and not these stimulates from bark and leaves.
    https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/08/11/many-names-and-faces-vitamin-b3-11677

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  3. Kellyr

Kellyr Active Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Metabolism-boosting foods really only offer a temporary boost. Cacao and matcha contain caffeine, so that's basically what you're getting from them is the effects of caffeine in your system.

I personally try to limit caffeine as it has nasty side-effects if you consume too much. (Google caffeine side-effects and you'll get a long list of issues.)

The best way to increase your metabolism is through exercise - specifically strength training and stuff like HIIT. Strength training, in particular, builds muscle which in turn requires more energy to maintain and thus your metabolism gets a permanent boost from it (as long as you work to consistently maintain your muscle mass.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jinendra Singh
    Balanced

Jinendra Singh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    i agree with you strength training really helps a lot in our all body growth it helps in maintaining body formation and improve internal body function. I think exercising for 30 minutes a day can bring lots of changes. So fitness must be required with proper diet.