GeoGuessr

I don't see how that is possible, unless you are able to differentiate between near-identical types of environments.

I mean, how much different is an American desert from an Australian desert?

So so different. I studied biology so I found that one of the best clues for me was the kind of terrain, grass and trees and clues to what sort of climate it was. Then a bit of clicking and I could see houses or street signs and that helped.

Anyway an awesome game which has now made me want to travel more than ever.

I could tell Australia immediately because it had eucalypts and reddish soil and a sort of sandy, flatness. And I have been driven down Australian roads for hours at a time.

I don't see how that is possible, unless you are able to differentiate between near-identical types of environments.

I mean, how much different is an American desert from an Australian desert?

I suppose you could go by the sun....if the sun is to the north, then you would be in the southern hemisphere

Getting a plain forest is insta-death for a decent score.

Tell me about it, I'm currently on a dirt road, one lane, in a mixture of scrub birch and some pine trees. There are mountains in the distance. In one direction, the road ends (well, google street view ends) before seeing civilization.

After 5 minutes of clicking, in the other direction, I found one road sign, in English, that says "Reduce speed".

I'm in... Canada? Northern US? Alaska? Purgatory?

Guessed Alaska. I was on Canol Road, in the Yukon.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
This game hates me today. Now I'm on a paved road. I'd say this is in the middle of nowhere, but the last round taught me otherwise.

I think I just saw some reindeer. (No, I'm not joking).

Oh, Finland. I tried Jamtland. Close enough.

Just found a super depressing place with dead/burnt trees and no clue whatsoever to what it is.

There is nothing out here. I have no idea what it could be.

Weird place is Lapland.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
"Your guess was 0.055 km from the correct location and gave 6475 points."

Bam!

ScreenShot2013-05-29at25440AM_zps58a818dc.png

I can tell this one s in Australia, but where in Australia?