GeoGuessr

For whatever reason it won't post my 5th location score to the totals, Anywho with "cheating" I think I averaged about a kilometer away on the 1st 4 giving me a 25,000+ point total. Last one would have been a total bust anyway being it was a picture at the top of a ski hill and I couldn't wander around and find a sign. I will say the Russian/Ukraine places are a bit difficult to find given the weird spellings/alphabet.

I was in Australia once, and the road wasn't paved. And now I think I'm in Russia, and the road isn't paved. My only reason for thinking I'm in Russia, is there is a tire on the side of the road. I think I'm 80% right on this.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
First I was in Mexico and thought I was in Greece. Then I was in South Africa and thought I was in New Mexico. I managed to get close to 8,000 points somehow. =|

5109. I am a bit drunk though and I did do Geography A-Level so that means I don't know anything about the world.

Reactions: Freesia
I finally played a full game, and got 12962 points! Three of them were middle of nowhere dirt roads, one in Canada, one in the US and one in Mexico. I actually did alright on those. I like nowhere. :yes:

Dammit Russia! The country is frickin huge and in an effort to narrow down a rough area that it might be in I just spent ages transliterating and then translating a sign that said 'BUY LOGS' :rolleyes:

So I just guessed and wasn't that far off, but then it landed me in Russia again! Russia is huge! :cry:

I didnt do too badly in Russia. I just guessed a rough place and it was sometimes thousands of kilometres away but still there is no way of knowing.

I consider any use of the internet cheating, moving around isn't - you're supposed to do it!

I find the USA the hardest... I guess it depends where you come from. Europe is easy because even though I don't speak the languages, I can pretty much tell them apart. I can tell if something looks nordic, or german, or french, etc. Japan is small and distinctive so that's good too.

USA... well it all looks the same. Unless you're in a big city, or you're on a road you can find on the little map on geoguesser, it always just seems to be a few houses (with mailboxes! at least you have mailboxes so I know I'm in the US!) and loads of open space. Tell me your secrets! How do I tell once place from another :confused:

I was near Moscow and after cheating guessed Idaho, because there's a Moscow in Idaho, evidently. But I was actually near the Moscow in Kansas.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
I consider any use of the internet cheating, moving around isn't - you're supposed to do it!

I find the USA the hardest... I guess it depends where you come from. Europe is easy because even though I don't speak the languages, I can pretty much tell them apart. I can tell if something looks nordic, or german, or french, etc. Japan is small and distinctive so that's good too.

USA... well it all looks the same. Unless you're in a big city, or you're on a road you can find on the little map on geoguesser, it always just seems to be a few houses (with mailboxes! at least you have mailboxes so I know I'm in the US!) and loads of open space. Tell me your secrets! How do I tell once place from another :confused:

Vegetation helps, the western US is mostly coniferous Forest and hilly or mountainous, the eastern is deciduous, the middle is flat as hell, the southwestern is arid. I usually can tell the not US by vegetation also. There was one that looked like possibly chestnut forest and I guessed Germany but it was Bulgaria. That's why I like the middle of nowhere roads, I don't feel inclined to cheat and I tend to guess fairly accurately.

I was near Moscow and after cheating guessed Idaho, because there's a Moscow in Idaho, evidently. But I was actually near the Moscow in Kansas.

Both farming areas, but Kansas is part of that flat world and all the roads are perfectly straight, Idaho has no flat parts, rolling hills are a as close as we get, and we don't have lines of trees as wind breaks left over from the dust bowl.

Vegetation helps, the western US is mostly coniferous Forest and hilly or mountainous, the eastern is deciduous, the middle is flat as hell, the southwestern is arid. I usually can tell the not US by vegetation also. There was one that looked like possibly chestnut forest and I guessed Germany but it was Bulgaria. That's why I like the middle of nowhere roads, I don't feel inclined to cheat and I tend to guess fairly accurately.

I really have no kind of trees they were. Could have been some kind of poplar family or birch or any number of things, but the... style of forest wasn't anything I'd associate with anywhere but Europe, very small densely packed deciduous trees that looked like hardwood. :shrug: