George Forman Grill

Freesia

not my business.
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hi,
Does anyone have one of these? There is one here and I have considered making vegetarian things in it such as grilled tofu or grilled vegetables. Or is that a completely insane idea? Does anyone use a grill like this?

I have one. I have used it for veggie burgers, Gardein or MS chikn patties, grilled "cheese" sandwiches.... never tried veggies in there.

Reactions: Freesia
I have the small one. Looks something like this:

2009-08-27-GeorgeForemanGrill.jpg
Usually it's around $15-20 but I got it brand new at a thrift store for $5. It's really small though. I mainly have used it to grill veggies and veggie burgers. It works well but I can't fit much in it.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I have already thought of a number of things I can do with it. It is a good way to cook my "chicken" burgers and I have thought of doing a marinated tofu, though I am not sure whether that would be a good idea, to have marinade on the item... or maybe it would be ok. It might all run out of the grill but I guess I could pour it back on afterwards.

I really want a new way to cook things, I cant seem to get the hang of frying and I keep burning my tofu pieces. Would be awesome to do grilled vegettables too, I have some intriguing recipes for marinades for them.

Reactions: thefadedone
I have one, and we use it all the time. Quick and easy!:)

Edited to add, I do use it for veggies and even stuff like pineapple as well as veggie burgers and dogs :D. I have a medium-sized George Foreman, big enough to grill asparagus spears in. The best thing is sandwiches, which I love anyway. They get all toasty with 'grill' marks, I even do peanut butter sandwiches in there. :D Recommend!

I have one I have not used in a while. I used to use it for veggie burgers, and grilled veggies like corn or zucchini. I've made paninis in it as well, but the grill is a bit top-heavy, so whatever you put in it will get a bit flattened. I think I have made tofu on it as well. If you get it cheaply, it's not a bad gadget to have.

THanks for the input guys, I had never thought to try sandwiches on it, that is an idea. What I am thinking of doing is perhaps marinating some tofu and vegetables and grilling them on the grill. Perhaps I could have some side like some kind of rice, or even have it all as burgers. Might try this in the next few weeks.

Hmmmm...I never thought about using one of these. I love grill marks and we had a nonstick grill pan but the ridges were never big enough to make the black lines so we gave it away. I'd love to free up the stove top for cooking other things (sometimes I have to cook in batches) but is the inside teflon? does anyone know?

Hmmmm...I never thought about using one of these. I love grill marks and we had a nonstick grill pan but the ridges were never big enough to make the black lines so we gave it away. I'd love to free up the stove top for cooking other things (sometimes I have to cook in batches) but is the inside teflon? does anyone know?
According to the Amazon description, "Exclusive George Tough triple-coated, scratch-resistant, nonstick coating." On the one I have, it doesn't feel like it will chip off like on Teflon pans. It's also not as non stick as the pans, I use oil if I'm cooking something that might stick.

I love my George Foreman grill for homemade veggie burgers. It gets the outside nice and crisp without flipping and holds them together real nice.

We had to get one on Fourth of July or near because it was very hot outside to use the grill outside, we were bummed but, we was able to grill whatever we wanted on it, I am trying veggie and bean burgers probley next week on it, slowly getting the stuff for it.

I have one I have not used in a while. I used to use it for veggie burgers, and grilled veggies like corn or zucchini. I've made paninis in it as well, but the grill is a bit top-heavy, so whatever you put in it will get a bit flattened. I think I have made tofu on it as well. If you get it cheaply, it's not a bad gadget to have.
I haven't tried paninis on mine. I love it for veggie burgers and grilling veggies like zucchini and carrots.