Nutrition & Diet High Fructose Corn Syrup

I avoid it but was accidently buying it here because HFCS is sometimes called glucose fructose syrup in the UK. Now i avoid it all.
Jen just found out today. I had no idea. She'd bought some special soya milk, and this stuff was in there. We had a discussion about glucose, fructose and the glycemic index, and I guess while fact checking she made this discovery.

I don't avoid it like the plague, but if I have two viable options in front of me, I will probably take the one without it.

I avoid it to a high (no pun intended) extent. I don't go too wild if I have a soda once in a while with the poison.

Those rats!
I wrote Hunt's a letter about it and they are sending me coupons for free bottles of their 'natural' ketchup. For the record, I'm not an imbecile and I do make it a habit to read labels. But when a company publicly announces that their entire product line is now HFCS-free you assume that this is actually the case, and appreciate that there is at least one product you no longer have to worry about. It was just kinda sneaky is all, and I'm on a really tight budget so I can't afford to buy food and then throw it out.

I was really amazed to find this in Alpro's 1+ milk, which is designed for children! I'd picked it up for Freya to try as it has some added vitamins. Only as I was feeding it to her did I realize that it wasn't sweetened with apple juice like the regular kind. She had some that night because she was already drinking and enjoying it, but now its sitting in the fridge. Planning to write Alpro.

Glad that it happened I suppose as I made the same discovery as you, sg. I too had bought some things with the glucose-fructose syrup. I thought it was just regular sugar syrup.

I avoid it as much as possible, but I have an awful weakness for Autocrat coffee syrup (I put it in almond milk, on my nondairy ice cream, in my iced coffee), and the main ingredient is HFCS. It annoys me when it's in products that don't really need sweetening, like dill pickles. If I wanted sweetness in my pickles, I'd get bread and butter pickles.