Improving our search engine rankings

No one has to click on it, but it has to be on a page that is public. Most people's FB walls are not public I would think.

Also, inbound links from "trustworthy" sites such as academic sites, and popular news media sites are weighted higher than inbound links from less trustworthy sites.

Ok, well unless we have members who are web admins at a large company, then we might as well scratch that idea.

I think one thing that would really help us is more inbound links, i.e. links to threads / posts on here from other websites.

I can use my Twitter account to tweet links to threads if it will help. Which forums are viewable by non-members?

Ok, well unless we have members who are web admins at a large company, then we might as well scratch that idea.
Well, every inbound link helps. And there are other options for "trustworthy" sites. Some universities have blogs that are open for comments, the same is true for some news media. Also, the infamous comments sections in newspapers. Although I expect sometimes the websites may have marked those areas as no-go areas for search engines through the use of robots.txt files.

I can use my Twitter account to tweet links to threads if it will help. Which forums are viewable by non-members?
Thanks! Everything you normally see except The Lounge, the subforums under Health Issues, 18+ discussion and the sexuality forum. I think that's all ...

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Another thing you can do that will help us with search engines is to start threads with titles such as "Is [product name x] vegan?" or "Is [product name y] vegetarian?"

^Would those questions show up if they were asked IN threads? I dont know how search engines work?

^Would those questions show up if they were asked IN threads? I dont know how search engines work?
Not really so much. The thread title becomes the web page title, and that is the most important part of the page. The content of the page is important as well of course, but I get the impression that the title counts for more.