In the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Americans...

Man Sues McDonald's for $1.5 Million Because He Didn't Get Enough Napkins
...After the verbal disagreement, Lucas emailed the general manager of the McDonald's to say that Napkingate caused him "mental anguish," which has prevented him from working. The general manger offered Lucas free burgers, but Lucas instead decided to sue McDonald's for $1.5 million.

N.J. Honor Student Booted From Home Sues Parents for College Aid
Canning's father, retired Lincoln Park Police Chief Sean Canning, told the newspaper that his daughter's claims are not accurate. He says she voluntarily left home in October because she didn't want to abide by reasonable household rules, such as being respectful, keeping a curfew and doing some chores.

"We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It's killing me and my wife. We have a child we want home. We're not draconian and now we're getting hauled into court," Sean Canning said. "She's demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn't want to live at home, and she's saying 'I don't want to live under your rules.'"...

But seriously, is the U.S. the only country where this is so common place?

look at the logo when you google 'PC World'.

edit: doesn't work now, they've put up the real logo.

Last edited:
"A letter sent by the director Grigoriev to Ukraine's prime minister said: ‘The Kharkiv zoo animals on the verge of starvation.’

Suppliers have been providing food for free for three months but have now refused to provide more, he said, pleading with the government for immediate action.

The country - partially invaded by Russia last week - is also on the point of bankruptcy.

A local campaigner for the zoo, Olga Sitkovskaya, said: ‘I spoke to the director and, sorry for this detail, but this clever, strong adult man burst into tears of helplessness.

Suppliers have been providing food for free for three months but have now refused to provide more.

‘The city allocates funds needed for maintaining the zoo, but Kiev redirects the money to some of its needs.

'As a result, the animals in the zoo, are in a catastrophic situation.’

‘Along with the whole country, our zoo is living through difficult and terrifying times,’ said the zoo statement.

'By Monday, we will have nothing with which to feed the animals.’

The zoo dates from the 1890s and has survived 2 world wars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bt-ridden-country-divert-funds-elsewhere.html

"A letter sent by the director Grigoriev to Ukraine's prime minister said: ‘The Kharkiv zoo animals on the verge of starvation.’

Suppliers have been providing food for free for three months but have now refused to provide more, he said, pleading with the government for immediate action.

The country - partially invaded by Russia last week - is also on the point of bankruptcy.

A local campaigner for the zoo, Olga Sitkovskaya, said: ‘I spoke to the director and, sorry for this detail, but this clever, strong adult man burst into tears of helplessness.

Suppliers have been providing food for free for three months but have now refused to provide more.

‘The city allocates funds needed for maintaining the zoo, but Kiev redirects the money to some of its needs.

'As a result, the animals in the zoo, are in a catastrophic situation.’

‘Along with the whole country, our zoo is living through difficult and terrifying times,’ said the zoo statement.

'By Monday, we will have nothing with which to feed the animals.’

The zoo dates from the 1890s and has survived 2 world wars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bt-ridden-country-divert-funds-elsewhere.html
:(

I know, I feel so helpless. Like they said when I was a kid,
5avynu4e.jpg

Reactions: Amy SF
^ So sad about the zoo. I hate that so much of the news makes me feel so helpless.:(

I feel strongly about the Stephen Lawrence case as I grew up in South London and personally knew some of the police from the area and also people who knew the victim and also people who lived on the same street/went to school with the racist killers. There was an investigation into whether the Met (London police) were involved in corruption.

What can the Lawrence family expect from a new inquiry? - Channel 4 News

Status
Not open for further replies.