Is honey vegan?

What if you fell headfirst into a beehive and had no choice but to eat your way out of it?

What if you fell headfirst into a beehive and had no choice but to eat your way out of it?

tumblr_m5dh0j2Hre1qf1gzno1_500.jpg

Honey thread, check. Spanking thread, check.

What, no love for PETA threads?

On topic, though, I don't know if honey is vegan. You'd have to ask him/her. And it's bad form to use terms of endearment on public message boards. People get offended or jealous or something.

If honey is vegan, shouldn't eggs and dairy be vegan, too?

No, pretty sure she's vegan. But she's very accomodating.

Her statement sounds like anyone who's trying to eat more plant foods can be called a veganist. I don't know about her but if she is the one deciding the definition, it seems that many omnivores could be called veganists.

She's vegan, but I think her approach in Veganist, (which I skimmed) was to make the general public more open to vegan-eating while not necessarily going completely vegan. In The Lean, however,(which I read) she espouses going vegan and mentions many aspects of animal cruelty. Still, she tries to get people to go vegan for health and weight reasons primarily, at least that's the way I read her.

I guess that's better than nothing. :) Hopefully "veganists" will start looking elsewhere for info once they get going and will become actual vegans!